The next theme week is...
To be announced
What's Theme week?
It's this nifty thing we do around here to get people to draw! Basically, we'll have a designated theme and ask everyone to create artwork based on that theme.
How to participate
Create artwork based on this month's theme then submit your artwork during the dates listed above. When you are making your gallery selections,
you should see a nifty box for adding your artwork to the theme week gallery. It should look something like this...
And please don't submit artwork you already created. That's no fun. Please only post new artwork for our theme week.
Questions? Email us.
For theme week we will be raffling off free premium memberships! Just participate in Theme Week by posting a drawing related to our theme to automatically be entered for the raffle. Posting multiple submissions will not increase your chances of winning. Moderators and Beta testers are not eligible for entering the raffle.
Winners will be selected at random a few days after theme week has ended so be sure to submit your artwork to the theme gallery by the end of theme week! The length of the premium membership is determined by the number of participants as described in the list below:
- 2-10 Participants - 1 winner of a three-month premium account
- 11-20 Participants - 1 winner of a six-month premium account
- 21-30 Participants - 2 winners of a six-month premium account
- 31-50 Participants - 3 winners of a one-year premium account
- 51+ Participants - 5 winners of a one-year premium account
- July 2009: Cats
- Cats are funny creatures. They can squeeze into abnormally tight places, are endlessly amused by simple pieces of yarn, and eat those annoying unwanted pests. You may be wondering what's with the sudden interest in those balls of fluff, well they're the main subject of July's theme week!
Your job is to create anything with a cat theme or motif be it a neko, werecat, a simple paw print, or a mighty jungle cat. It's all up to you! It's all about the feline's next month so I hope to see you there.
- May 2009: Less than Super
- Ever wonder what the mightiest Super-Heroes would do without their equally mighty super powers? If Superman wasn't "The-Man-of-Steel" but instead "The-Man-of-Average-Body-Weight-and-Stature" What would he do to fight crime? Or what about all those heroes that are Less than Super? Coffee man! Glow-boy! Talk-too-much Girl! They need some lime light too and here's their chance!
Now it's your turn to create a less-than-super Superhero. Create something that shows or explains what their power is, and how they attempt to use it to fight crime, or stop evil.
- October 2008: Something Wicked This Way Comes
- It's not your everyday average Halloween art theme... it's all about Carnival and the Circus... If you didn't fear clowns as a child... YOU WILL NOW! Muwhahahahahaha. Checkout this theme's Reference page for some visual inspiration.
- September 2008: Chinese Art and Culture
- It is a proud time now for China as the 2008 Olympic Summer games are being hosted in Beijing. If you had a chance to watch the opening ceremonies, you were likely inspired by the stunning performances, costumes, and imagery the Chinese presented to the world. Much of it is rooted in Chinese culture and art history. Let us celebrate their art and culture in September's Theme Week! Create a piece of artwork based on some aspect of Chinese Culture/Art.
- August 2008: Draw your own paper demon
- Draw your own rendition of a paper demon. PaperDemon.com was originally named after this sketch of Vegeta as a demon. Because of the parchment and vulnerable look of the drawing, I named the drawing "Paper Demon." I liked the name so much that I named our little community after that name. This week I invite all of the wonderful members of PD to draw their rendition of a 'paper demon.' I like to think of a paper demon as a demon that is vulnerable and harmless. But you can interpret this any way you want. As long as its clear from the imagery that the creature has some features of a demon, then it is ok to post.
- July 2008: Summer
- Ice cold drinks in the hot weather, summer love, school's out,
laying on the beach, sunglasses, and lots of hot guys
with their shirts off!