View all forum posts by Minimaid

Home » Forums » Posts by Minimaid

Create art with a buddy and earn 40 XP. Body Double Challenge. Sept 1 - 30

The next community meetup is Saturday Sept 28 @ 10am PST / 5pm UTC in our Discord server. See in your timezone.

Posted on

Hi Nekonight123,

I experimented a bit just now and I got the same problem after a while.  I hit the 'update oekaki' button in the upper right corner, though, and it showed me the work I'd done.  Does that work for you?

Posted on

I'm thinking of dong my fairy tale illustrations for my collection.  Specifically, Cinderella.  Smile

On the side note - Gosh, I would love to see your wedding, BR.  Smile   I just got home from one.  Laughing

Posted on

LOL!  No, Ark, those two pieces are NOT art funk.  They are the result of my remedying the art funk.  I must have done 5 terrible attempts before I was even pleased with the sketches for each one.  Sometimes it's just hard to get started.

Posted on

I've had this same problem for most of my artistic life.

What do I do to get rid of it?  I go back to the VERY basics.  I find a picture I like - be it a photo or an artwork - and I either trace or copy it to get my hands moving right.  Sometimes I have to do this a few times before I can start a real piece.  To give you perspective - my latest two drawings both stemmed from 'art funks'.  art thumb and art thumb are both the post-product of absolute and utter frustration at my lack of ability to draw WHEN I wanted to.  I could doodle just fine all over my class notes during university hours, but when I got home, I couldn't produce a darned thing.

So that's what I do, anyway.  Whether or not it will work for you, I don't know.

Posted on

Topic: Bonjour!

Wave Welcome, derxder!

I hope you enjoy yourself here.  If you have any question, feel free to drop me or one of the other moderators a line!

In the mean time, make yourself at home.  Wink

Posted on

Topic: Hello

Wave  Welcome indeed!  It's always good to see fresh blood..  I mean...  new faces.

But seriously, welcome.  I hope you enjoy our little community, and if you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line!  Smile

Posted on

I think they both sound good, Susie.  But I think you already knew that.  Wink

Posted on

Laughing   No, I imagine not!

But then we'd have to name it "Boulevard of Lost Hopes" or something.  ROFL

Well, that's what my thread on the forum would be called, anyways.  Tongue

Posted on

That sounds like a great idea, BR!

that job sounds neat, too.  I'm not a comic artist, but I know there are many in our community that are!

A forum especially for job postings would be cool, though.  Do you think we'd have enough to fill it up?

Posted on

Topic: IE6 is Dead

On Jul 26, 2009 2:15 am, Redesignated said:

I'll ask the moths that just flew out of my wallet if they have any spare change, then.

It should be safe for you to run Firefox, if you have an old machine.