View all forum posts by Moon-Huntress

Home » Forums » Posts by Moon-Huntress

Posted on

Topic: Question!

I have a story already posted on PD that has seen quite a few hits. It's working name is Lioness. But I've known for awhile that it needs improvement. Well, I went through and added a lot more to the beginning of the story to make it more meaningful and understandable. Now that I'm almost ready to post it to PD, I realized that I don't exactly know how I should go about it. Should I start a brand new submission with all of the new and current parts, or should I go through and do MAJOR editing to the already existing story (in effect changing every chapter already posted)? Which would be better or is there another option?

Posted on

Topic: NaNoWriMo?

I have ALWAYS wanted to, but November is the end of my school's Fall semester so I always have big projects and finals etc. Now that I have a job too, it's virtually impossible for me to even consider doing NaNoWriMo, although i would love to.

Posted on

I know it would make it very tough on you BogusRed, but I don't think changing the Red Curtain name to paperdemon.xxx is a good idea because of what some of the others have said. The connotations of the .xxx ending would carry over to the parent site, whether or not the parent site is adult in nature. While it takes a lot of work to maintain separate galleries, I don't see how it would be to much more work than we give now. If the log-ins etc were still the same, there wouldn't be too much hassle (I think) to switch over to the other site to submit your RC productions versus having to make sure you have properly marked which of your products are RC worthy and which are PD worthy. Perhaps if there were a link on the submit page of PD to the RC.xxx it would make that even simpler. I don't want to sever the connections between PD and RC because both are legitimate art forms. But I do believe keeping the separate names helps people to subconsciously differentiate between the two websites.

What all that means is that I put my vote towards the domain name being redcurtain.xxx and still having a connection between the two websites. I think it would indicate that our members are responsible about and conscious of the differences between the age-appropriateness of the materials.

Posted on

No worries BogusRed! I understand (better than most)  how life can get overwhelmingly busy sometimes. I was just checking up on it. I'm sorry to hear about your father but Congratulations on the wedding! Smile

Posted on

So it's been quite some time (a year and a half) since the last comment or update on this suggestion so my question is... How goes it? I've added many more submissions now and very soon the piece that I'm avidly watching will roll over to the second page. It's somewhat annoying having to search for it. :/

Posted on

I agree with using "follow" instead of "subscribe" because it's less confusing. Smile

Posted on

Thank you for looking into it for me. ^^ I really appreciate it

Posted on

<.< Not sure exactly what you mean, but I'm using Windows Vista and Internet Explorer.

Posted on

Back in June, I got a lovely comment on one of my pieces. I read it, enjoyed it, and tried to remove it from my comment inbox. Didn't work. At the time there was a lot of site maintenance, so I figured it might just be a problem that would get fixed. However, it's been several months and I still can't delete the comment from my comment inbox. I loved it, it was very nice, but now it's very old >.< Can someone help me figure out if I'm doing something wrong or if there is some code error somewhere?

P.S. the little "x" at the top left of the comment won't let me click on it. >.>

Hopefully,
Moon-Huntress

Posted on

I have certain pieces that I've written that I like more then others. It would be really nice if I could reorganize the items on the Manage Submissions page. That way I could group related writings for easier updates and keep the one's I'm avidly watching for rising numbers of  Hits closer to the top, so I don't have to go searching for them. Maybe be able to put them in Alphabetical order, or listed by library? What do ya'll think?