View all forum posts by TennisPirate

Home » Forums » Posts by TennisPirate

📢 Live PaperDemon community meetup Saturday, August 25 at 4 PM UTC in the #meetup channel on discord. (see in your timezone)

Posted on

Basically, you say something like, "Write a DBZ story in which a hand grenade, a talking snake, and parmesan cheese each play a vital role."  It can be something as simple as that, and then I have to figure out how to incorporate those things into a DBZ fanfic.  Or, you can say, "Write a story where Trunks (DBZ), Link (LoZ), and Ed (FMA) meet each other and have to battle a fire-breathing dragon."  Then, I do my best to write a story following the guidelines you set.  It doesn't even have to be a fanfic.  It can be absolutely anything.

You don't give me an entire plot.  You give me some aspects of it, and I try to piece them together.

I think it makes it more interesting if the aspects you give me seem unrelated, or if you suggest a "what-if" scenario (like, What if Simba from The Lion King turned evil? or, Re-write Little Red Riding Hood from the woodsman's point of view.).

Does that make more sense?  It's just fun to see what comes out when you stick in a bunch of random variables.

Posted on

Hey, everybody!  =D  I was perusing other writing sites, and I came across this concept called "challenge writing".  For those of you who, like me, are new to this idea, challenge writing seems to be an undertaking in which one person writes a story based on or following guidelines set by another person.

So I said to myself, "Self, this sounds like fun!  Let's see if any of our buddies on PaperDemon want to give you some guidelines to write a challenge story!"

So, here I am.  If anyone's interested, Self and I would like to write a sweet challenge story.  It can be fanfic or not (though a fanfic would probably be more interesting, since there is so much else one would have to conform to).  As far as fanfics go, my favorites are the Legend of Zelda series (any game for GameBoy, SNES, N64, or GameCube [except I haven't quite finished Twilight Princess yet, so maybe nothing about that]) and the Harry Potter series.  I know the DBZ main characters pretty well, but not a lot of plot.  I watched almost all of the FullMetal Alchemist episodes, so I could write about that, too.  Again, I would probably prefer it to be LoZ or HP.  Or Lord of the Rings (the movies, not the books [shoot me, I know...]).

Actually, just ask me if you want me to do a different book/movie/series etc.  If I know it, I'll likely be happy to do it.

First-come first-serve basis.

Guidelines can be anything: "What if Link were a girl?"  "What if the LotR characters were in a LoZ situation?"  And you can have as many as you want, provided they don't cancel each other out.  The only thing I ask: nothing R-rated, and no yaoi, etc.

Wheeeeee!  This is going to be sooo much fun.  ^ ^

Posted on

http://photos-355.ak.facebook.com/ip006/v41/172/20/1246980523/n1246980523_30054355_4000.jpg

This better?  It's the right hair color, but I usually wear it in a bun.

Also, I sorta changed my mind.  If it's not too late, I want to be playing fetch with my dog instead of the thing with the tennis racket.  Here's a picture:

http://photos-315.ak.facebook.com/ip002/v50/137/115/1246980481/n1246980481_30063315_7254.jpg

P.S.  Thanks so much for doing this!  You are über-talented.  I can't wait to see what I look like.  ^_^

**EDIT**

Oh, wait... you said just one per person, right?  Darn.  X_x

Posted on

WOW!  I've always wanted to be drawn!  ^_^

http://photos-891.ak.facebook.com/ip005/v40/116/67/1246980418/n1246980418_30055891_5380.jpg
(Ignore the devilish look on my face... I was being sexy for my friend.  O_o)

My eyes are greenish-bluish-brownish-grayish.  I like green the best.  >_<

I would like the pants I am wearing in the picture and a green cami top.

I would like to be serving a yellow tennis ball with a red racket with white strings and a white grip.  I should be aiming at somebody's head....  xD

Either that, or I should be playing tennis with somebody.  I would like to "interact," so if somebody says they want to interact with "someone," pick me!  I don't really care what my chibi is doing.  I have a kind of wild personality.  ; }

Posted on

Wow.  I am unbelievably excited about this.  As any of my friends can tell you, I am an avid Zelda fan — I only bought the GameCube because of Windwaker (and the N64 because of OoT) — and I seriously hope some people got fired when they extended the release date... then did it again... and again... and AGAIN.

So.  Who else is psyched about this?  Because I know I am, and my friends are getting tired of hearing about how much I want the game to come out.  Last I heard, It'll be out November 1.  How accurate is this?  Does anyone know?  Keep me posted.  I'm dying over here.

Posted on

Hmm....  I hadn't heard of this.  Sounds interesting.

Did you say they're going to release Twilight Princess on the Wii?  That's kinda weird....  They're still releasing it on GameCube, right?  Because I've been waiting AGES for that game to frickin' COME OUT, and if I now find out I have to buy a whole new SYSTEM just to PLAY the damn thing... sorry.  I rant.

Anyway.  I did a quick search on "Wii" and briefly explored one of the pages.  In other words, I know absolutely nothing.  What exactly is this all about?

Posted on

Hmmm... I will give it a go. No promises, though. I'm not much into romance, either; I'm a comedian. ^ ^ At least, that's what I keep telling myself... [i]you're funny, Nicole, you're funny, you're funny...

I'll post again when I've finished.

Posted on

BogusRed, how do you know Dover didn't have Howe's permission to use that sketch? Everyone here is assuming that they saw the painting, liked it, and copied it roughly without talking to Howe about it. Well, how do you know?

Posted on

Topic: ~New person

Hi, Cutie! Grin

Welcome to PaperDemon! Hope you love it as much as we all do! Heart

Posted on

Topic: Severus Snape

Emmet, if you haven't finished the fifth book yet, I know it will be hard, but you really ought to STOP and read the first four!! Imagine reading the last chapter of a book before reading the actual book. You know who's still alive at the end, people's relationships with each other, and who emerges as the evil bad guy... it's no fun, if you know how everything goes in the end, to try and read the beginning. Half of the Harry Potter Experience is not knowing what the hey's going on! I mean, take this forum, for instance. If I somehow knew what happened in the seventh book, I wouldn't be able to join in the fun of convincing everyone that Snape is not evil (believe me, it's true!), or else I'd have to spoil it.

Maybe you don't care, though. Slant Maybe you like having books ruined for you. Maybe you don't care at all about the spirit of Harry Potter. Sad

jk. Wacko But, seriously, you should read the first four. Makes for a much better experience.

Wink