View all forum posts by Cokekitty

Home » Forums » Posts by Cokekitty

Improve your color skills in the #Huevember challenge. 45 XP per entry. See more November challenges

Registration now OPEN for the PaperDemon Secret Santa Art Trade.

Posted on

Bayer is looking to sue the European Union to lift the ban on pesticides that may be responsible for the death of millions of bees across the planet. Bees are one of our primary pollinators, which means that without them, we're pretty much not going to have food anymore.

I wrote a big thing about it on my Tumblr blog. You can read more about it here, as well as sign a petition, donate to a fund that will help, or simply learn more.

We must save the bees!!!!

Angry Moderator

Posted on

I think Pinterest-size would be alright. Tumblr-size might be pushing it. It'd be nice to have bigger thumbnails!

Posted on

Topic: RIP Astrid

HabitRPG is pretty cool. Big Smile I like it. It makes building habits fun, which is nice.

Like I said so far the best one I've found is Wunderlist now that Astrid is kaput, but the interface is kind of ugly. If you're okay with that, then I'd recommend it. It's free, and you can have it online or on your smartphone, and they sync up and stuff. I've heard EverStudent is good too, but I think it requires Evernote (which is awesome in its own right and I HIGHLY recommend Evernote for college students).

Posted on

Topic: RIP Astrid

So I used Astrid pretty religiously last year in school but after summer hit and I reformatted my phone I forgot to add it back on, and then when I started school in the fall, I discovered that Yahoo had bought Astrid and shut it down. And I'm still not over it.

I really miss Astrid. It was practically perfect in every way. Sad I've yet to figure out a way to fill the void in my heart. Right now I use HabitRPG but it doesn't quite have task management down yet. It's good for its own purpose, but it's not what I need for school.

Does anybody else use any task management app/websites? The closest I've come to Astrid is Wunderlist, but the interface is hideous and I'm picky.

Posted on

I'm a hardcore Tumblr-er myself. I think I have a Pinterest, but I never use it (I guess the fact that I'm not sure if I even have an account is pretty indicative of that though lol)

my url is cokekitty.tumblr.com

Posted on

I find a lot of art references on Tumblr. There are some great artists there who have no problem answering questions or providing step-by-step instructions of how they do what they do. I have one art book too that's wonderful: The Vilppu Drawing Manual, by Glenn Vilppu. I got it when I was attending the Art Institute (and oh, if I'd only thought to buy it on Amazon instead of the bookstore...) but I'd never give it up for anything. It's a fantastic book.

As for writing, my main resource for writing advice is...well, reading! I read a lot of novels, and pick the bits and styles I like and incorporate that into my own style. I'm sure there are great resources out there, but I don't know any off the top of my head. But Creative Writing Now has some good pointers and if you're looking for tips on writing slash, Minotaur's Tips for Slash Writers, while a bit dated, is also good. It's pretty nsfw though.

Posted on

Topic: Spam Bot Woes

Awesome!

Posted on

Topic: Spam Bot Woes

I know there's a...thingie on this website that prevents spam bots from leaving comments, and in order to prevent yourself from looking like a spambot to the site you have to wait at least fifteen seconds (I think it's fifteen?) between starting to type a comment/forum post and actually posting it, which is cool. The problem is, I type kind of fast. Almost a hundred words per minute. So is there any way to maybe lower the amount of time to say, five seconds? That's still kind of a long time, but I think it'd still be better than fifteen, especially if I'm just typing a "thank you" to a comment on something I've posted.

Any thoughts?

Posted on

Thank ya, ma'am! Haha and YES, it all looks very different. But a good different! The site looks great! And I'm looking forward to the next big update too.

Posted on

On the "Manage Subscriptions" page, it shows a list of the art, writing, forum, etc. things you've subscribed to with a little checkbox to select them by. However, clicking on the names simply checks the box. I think it should link to the person or forum's page instead. I have a lot of subscriptions from years ago that I'd like to investigate if I still want to be subscribed to them or not, and this would save me a couple steps instead of having to hunt down their profile by myself.