View all forum posts by Sakke

Home » Forums » Posts by Sakke

Draw dragons to improve your composition skills. #Smaugust composition challenge. August 1 - 31

Posted on

Congratulations for the winners!

Posted on

My submission:

art thumb

http://www.paperdemon.com/art/view/32940

Posted on

On Aug 30, 2012, BogusRed said:

Hello everyone. Just a quick note that we've extended the deadline to September 10th since our participation was fairly low.

That's great! I'm just back from my vacation and thought I've missed the fun.

Posted on

Topic: Script Frenzy

I'm posting some thoughts on my progress and experience here.

Posted on

On Mar 24, 2012 9:18 pm, calypsoidal1 said:

Good luck, Sakke!

Have you looked at how other authors "present" their writing of comics?  I saw one from Brian Bendis in "Secret War," and he seemed to do a lot of visual layout for his artists.  The last edition of "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller includes his whole synopsis at the end -- some of which never made it to the page.

I'd be curious to know what you'll consider a "finished" work for this challenge!

I cannot really say what will be my criteria for finished as yet. It's a challenge so I'm seriously expecting to go beyond my limits. I'm looking forward to making this a major learning experience for myself. I am feeling that the way I'm working now has definitely some limitations. Since I'm writing for myself to draw, I'm leaving a lot of visual ideas to be developed when I'm actually sketching the page. Sometimes it works but often it produces pages where the story is carried mainly by the dialogue. 

I am preparing for the challenge by digging out and rereading some stuff I've collected over the years on writing, including my old textbooks from Drama 101 way back when I was in the University. I'm also thinking of doing some kind of log of my experience. 

Posted on

Did you say 30!?

I don't think you have any right to call yourself old untill you are over 60 at least!! 

I'm way over  30...

Posted on

I'm officially in! 

Posted on

Apparently PayPal does:

http://authormgw.blogspot.com/2012/02/paypal-censorship-update.html

This story does worry me as this is how censoship does work. There is no real list of banned books. They just don't get published, you can't buy them or find them in a library. The end result is that writers will know, what they shouldn't write about and write only things that are acceptable to the censors if they want to get published. 

Posted on

I was thinking writing a script for a graphic novel. I do comic scripts anyway. Though since I mean to draw them myself I don't tend to give so much visual descriptions, just short clues to remind myself what I was thinking.

Posted on

So I missed NaNoWriMo again last year: Then I stumbled on Script Frenzy - a scrip writing challenge for the month of April. Has anyone tried that?