Quick and Dirty ~ The PWP (Porn Without Plot) One-shot
-----Original Message-----"...doing a big long multi-chaptered story intimidates the hell out of me. I'd love to do a PWP one-shot, but I'm afraid of messing it up. Is there an easy way to do it?"
-- Wanna Write some SMUT
Okay, first you need a sex scene. No really…! Think of what kind of sex you want FIRST. The sex is what’s driving the whole story so you need to know what you’re aiming for in order to make the story go there.
To borrow from my friend Toonces...“What do you find hot? Write a short list.”
I did a poll on what sex scenes my
readers liked and this is what I discovered…My Readers' preferred Smut Scenes: in this order.
Ravished! ~ "Oh no! Don't...! Stop...! Don't...stop!"
Captured! ~ "I have you now, my pretty!"
3. Threesome ~ Sharing the love.
4. Romantic Fluff ~ Wine & Roses
5. Lower Education ~ “Teacher, I was a naughty boy.”
6. Domination & Punishment & Whips & Chains ~ "You've been a bad, bad boy."
7. Bribes & Blackmail ~ "You owe me. Drop your pants!"
8. Strip Tease ~ "Oops! I'm naked!"
9. Self Gratification ~ "When I think about you, I touch myself."
10. Cosplay ~ Leather & lace & ears & tails…
11. Orgy ~ "The more the merrier!"
12. Voyeurism ~ "I spy with my little eye..."
13. Exhibitionism ~ "Here? In front of everyone...?".
14. The Professional ~ "You can have me--for a price."
15. Beautiful Stranger ~ "He saw. He conquered. He came. He went."*Note: Seduction (Reluctance) vs Rape
-- The difference between Seduction and a Rape is that Seduction is Not a Brutal Attack designed to hurt the recipient. That's Rape. Seduction is meant specifically to make the protesting recipient cum. Also, it's written entirely from the Seduced's point of view, not the Seducer's. This is to make it crystal clear that the one being seduced really Does want to be seduced, but is protesting from Moral or Social reasons -- not out of FEAR.Write each scene IN DETAIL!
As in, every sight, every sound, every scent, every sensation. Describe the setting where the humping will happen, then focus on the characters and stay
focused on the characters.Pick ONE Point of View and stick to it per scene!
This will keep your readers from getting confused over who did what and who felt what especially when it gets hot and heavy.Take it easy on the emotional stuff.
The people who read 'Stroke Fiction' are not reading them for anything more than to Get Off.
Most importantly...Write it in Chronological Order
1. He did this.
2. She reacted this way and did that.
3. He reacted this way and did the other…
4. Etc.Cheat Tip for writing Sex Scenes:
Make a list of actions First, then add all the adjectives and dialogue. If your sentences end up short and choppy, it means you didn’t add enough description, body-language, sound-effects, or internal thoughts. Don't Forget...! ONLY the POV character gets internal thoughts and opinions! If you add anyone else's, you've just committed the heinous crime of HEAD-HOPPING.
One more thing: Write what you KNOW.
-- Avoid hate-mail:
Do Your RESEARCH! If you write something anatomically impossible or something you’re totally ignorant about, at least one your readers will most definitely let you know, believe me!
Next, you need (at least) two characters to make your sex scene happen:
Lover and Beloved
For a novel-length story, you ought to have a third character that tries to interfere. Classically, these three characters are known as: Hero ~ Victim ~ Villain.
In ordinary erotica, and romances:
Lover ~ Beloved ~ Rival
In M/M stories:
Top ~ Bottom ~ Jealous Ex-Lover or Rival
In BDSM stories:
Dominant ~ Submissive ~ Interfering Goody-Goody
Always DESCRIBE the Characters!
Make the men manly and handsome and the women full-figured and gorgeous with glamorous occupations. Feel free to use favorite movie characters, famous actors, or musicians as models for your characters, just make sure you change their names!
Use detailed descriptions with lots of enthusiastic adjectives - hair, eyes, body, and clothes, but for pity’s sake, don’t write measurements! (“She was a 32 double-D.”) Use comparisons as in:
* “Her breasts were two ample handfuls each.”
* “He stood an arm’s length away.”
* “Her hair draped to her waist.”
1. They meet.
2. They hump.
3. What happened after.
The end.Novel or Novella:
1. They meet.
2. They hump.
3. Complications make them part.
4. They meet secretly and hump again, or they hump someone else. (This is NOT a Romance! Exclusive partners are rarely part of these stories.)
5. Secondary people meet and hump -- and plot against the main characters at the same time.
6. Complications and/or the secret plot force the main characters back together.
7. They hump in secret or in front of an audience, or with the audience.
8. The climactic moment where a secret is uncovered, (“It was all a misunderstanding!”) or a confession is made. (“I like humping you best of all!”)
9. Complications are resolved.
10. Everybody humps.
To make the story longer, just add more humping.
Things to AVOID!
* NO Underage participants:
All participants should be 18 or older -- especially virgins. I realize that this is Not Realistic, but the Law cannot be argued with.
* NO Bestiality:
No Animals ever
. Were-people and Furries don’t count, as they’re people that LOOK like animals.
* NO Snuff:
Fucking people to death is Right Out.
* NO Watersports or Scat:
Most publishers will not accept pee or poop used in a sexual context.
* NO Gore:
Blood is okay if used tastefully and in limited amounts.Words to AVOID:
-- MEMBER: It's a dick, a prick, or a cock, and sometimes a ‘length’--NOT a 'member' and NEVER a 'Manhood.' 'Member' and 'Manhood' are words used by ancient granny romance authors and under-aged fan-fiction writers. If you're too shy to write dick, prick, or cock, you're not ready to write sex scenes.
-- PENIS: This is word that should only ever come out of a doctor's mouth.
-- VAGINA: This is another word that should only ever come out of a doctor's mouth.
-- WOMANHOOD: It's a pussy, a sex, a cunny, or a cunt, and sometimes a core or a center. 'Womanhood' is another word used by ancient granny romance authors and under-aged fan-fiction writers too embarrassed to write the proper terms.
-- APPENDAGE: Whether it's an arm, a dick, an ear, or a foot name
the frikkin limb!
-- LOCKS: Locks are tiny portions of hair that tend to curl. Children have locks, not grown adults. Adults can finger a single lock or a tendril, but what they have on their heads is hair, and if it's really long, a mane.
Getting into the Mood:
* Have sex with your significant other, masturbate, watch porn, or read your favorite erotica just before you sit down to write.
* Put on some music that suits your story while you write.
* Close the door and shut off the phone! Interruptions will make it hard to maintain that…special mood.
Last but not least…
Enjoy yourself! If it’s not fun for you to write, it won’t be fun for anyone to read.
DISCLAIMER: These instructions are intended for Beginners, for those who have little or no clue on how to do a short erotic story, and for those looking for a few short-cuts to jump-start their writing. If this advice does not agree with your style of writing, by all means, take what you can use and ignore the rest.