These are the do's and don'ts of PaperDemon.com and the Red Curtain section of PaperDemon.com. By using this website, you agree to abide by these rules. These guidelines are intended to keep PaperDemon.com a fun and civil place for artists and writers.
In compliance with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act, you must be 13 years or older to become a member of PaperDemon.com. This site collects personal information such as email addresses, instant message handles, and hobbies.
The Red Curtain section contains content of a mature nature. Therefore, you must be 18 years or older to browse and post mature writing, comics, and artwork in the Red Curtain section.
Rules at a glance
You must be 13 years or older.
You must be 18 years or older to enter and post content in the Red Curtain
Your rights to your content
By posting your artwork, comics, and writing on PaperDemon.com, you are granting Paper Demon the right to publish that work on PaperDemon.com and the Red Curtain section. You maintain all copyrights of your work.
The site Administrators and Moderators reserve the right to remove, move or change anything you submit for the purposes of protecting the integrity of PaperDemon.com and for better organization of the art galleries, comic galleries, and writing libraries.
You own the copyright to your work but you are granting PaperDemon.com permission to publish your content at PaperDemon.com
Admins and Mods may remove, move, or change your submissions.
Only one person per account. You may not create more than one account. You also may not share an account with another member. Also, do not create "club" accounts.
One account per person. No club accounts.
Don't be annoying. Don't abuse the services of PaperDemon for promotional purposes/spamming. Don't flood the site with useless content like smilies or meaningless text.
No flaming (personal attacks). Also, no trolling/flame baiting (posting comments that incite flames). Don't post anything racist, sexist, homophobic, or otherwise intended as hurtful to a particular group of people.
Profanity is allowed so long as it isn't excessive and it isn't directed towards a person.
No spamming, flaming, trolling.
Profanity is OK if not directed at a person.
Rules About Posting Artwork, Writing, and Comics
Not Permitted in the Art Gallery and Comics section
- Pre-pubescent/Pubescent minors in nude or sexual situations
- Scat (Urolagnia is permitted)
- Posting anothers work and image sharing*.
If you are caught plagiarizing, we will display your email address, ip address, and other personal information in our Hall of Shame.
- Collages* of images not your own. Special exception for sprite comics in the comics section.
- Poor presentation of artwork (Finished gallery only)*
For example, out of focus, crooked, extremely small, excessive white space, low contrast, program screenshots, excessive watermarks, distracting watermarks, rings/holes from sketchbooks, illegible text, or pixelated images. See our Common Reasons Artwork is Deleted document for more details.
- Multiple versions of the same art piece* unless they are distinct (example: sketch, lined, finished)
- No Photography* or Photo manipulation* (unless its a photo of a sculpture or painting). See the Photography presentation guidelines
- Tracing*, Copying*, and Paint Overs* unless:
- you own the rights to the original source/photograph (you took the photograph yourself) OR
- the photograph or work that you based it on has a creative commons license allowing derivatives OR
- you made significant changes from the original source (considered fair use)
* These items you can post in your Photos section if you'd like.
Not acceptable in Art and Comics:
- pre-pubescent & pubescent minors (Shota/Loli) in sexual situations
- Image Sharing
- Poor presentation
- Multiple versions of same artwork (see left)
- Copies, tracings, paint overs of others work
Not Permitted in Writing section
- Mature images for cover art or within body of your writing
- Blogs, Diaries, and Journals (that's what the blog section is for!)
Not acceptable in Writing section:
- Blogs, Journals, Diaries
- Mature images
Permitted Mature content
The following content is permitted but must be marked mature and labeled with the appropriate gallery for filtering purposes.
If it is an artistic nude, non-sexual, and does not depict genitalia, you may post it without marking as mature. You also do not need to label it.
- Erotic artwork
- Erotic writing
- Gargantuan Genitals
- Male/Male homosexual content
- If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Male/Male gallery.
- Female/Female homosexual content
- If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Female/Female gallery.
- Male/Female heterosexual content
- If the content is non-sexual in depiction (ie: kissing, embracing), it does not require a mature marking, but whether it is mature or not it should be added to the Relations and Sexual Content > Male/Female Hetero gallery.
- Post-pubescent Shota and Loli
Must not be photo real. Must have visual signs of reaching puberty, such as: hair on the genitals, formed breasts, muscle tone, hips, etc
- Sexually Explicit Content (if it is a non-sexual nude, you do not need to mark as mature)
- Urolagnia, Watersports
- Yiffy, aka Anthropomorphic characters in sexual situations
- Zoophilia, Bestiality
- Nude Anthros
These items must be labeled with the appropriate gallery for filtering purposes. For more information on what is considered mature, please view this help file
Acceptable conditionally if marked mature and labeled (see left for details):
- Gargantuan Genitals
- Homosexual content
- Heterosexual content
- Post-pubescent Shota/Loli
- Sexually Explicit
- Urolagnia, Watersports
- Yiffy (sexual content pertaining to Anthropomorphic characters)
- Zoophilia, Bestiality
Comics and other Sequential artwork belong in the Comics section and not in the Art Gallery. However, if you have a comic page that is a work in progress, feel free to post to the Art Gallery for feedback.
We do accept 3D digital artwork. However, artwork created with 3D generation programs such as Poser, DAZ, and Terragen must be placed in the Digital 3D (Generated) gallery and not placed in the Digital 3D gallery. The model must be modified, posed, and in a setting to create a full composition. Please credit the model package and program used in your description. If your 3D submission was modeled from scratch, please instead place your submission in the Digital 3D gallery. You are not subject to the same restrictions as the generated artwork submissions.
Comics and sequential art go in the Comics section, not Art gallery
3d digital art requires special notation and gallery selection
If you have any questions regarding the site rules, please contact BogusRed, the site administrator.
Last updated August 10, 2013.