Open group | 1245 Members

So

1. Posted on May 22, 2021, 5:39:36 PM UTC
    ID: 34742 | #3
    ValBones
    Level 6
    XP

@Arkillian Dragon

Hmm... dunno at the moment. Guess I was just curious if there were any members here who were still interested in using the forums (other than for the marketplace and ARPG stuff).
    I know a lot of general discussion is being done on Discord nowadays, and forum usage isn't as common these days as it used to be. Still think it could be a nice break/alternative though, and can make going into more specific topics/subtopics a bit easier (and a little more slower paced). I know there are some members here on PD who aren't on the Discord as well.

Last edited by ValBones on May 22, 2021, 5:40:32 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

2. Posted on May 23, 2021, 1:15:48 AM UTC
    ID: 34748 | #4
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 274 BETA ADMIN
    XP

It's an interesting topic which I don't know much about as I'm not good at social media. IF you have any suggestions on how we can improve the engegement ofhte forums, we'd love to  hear it.

My hot take with engagement is that everyone consumes the internet differently. There's people that only interact with popular things, somethat only interacat with small circles of topics, some that perfer to read others enjoying and poking their nose in when they have something to say- the fly on the wall type. Perhaps having a reaction ability on forums would help like on Discord. I don't know how to get people to start, or engage with with new topics in the forums. I follow all the forums that people can chat in to reply where I can, or forward if I can't, but many don't have the energy for following forums and I respect that. 

Perhaps forums as a concept need to be updated to what the modern user likes. Perhaps that's the issue. For now though, the Forums still have a purpose, for the ARPGs at least. I'm sure that doesn't stop them from being used for thier original purpose though ;)

3. Posted on May 27, 2021, 10:34:55 PM UTC
    ID: 34835 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 280 ADMIN
    XP

Discord seemed to serve the needs of the community better than the forums did. But we've been having a lot of growth over the last couple years.

I think as we grow, the forums are going to function much better for community discussion because discord becomes much harder to follow once your community gets to a certain size.

Fun fact, our forum interface is going to have an overhaul later this year. So keep an eye out for that.

4. Posted on May 29, 2021, 9:32:38 PM UTC
    ID: 34858 | #7
    BogusRed
    Level 280 ADMIN
    XP

Automated boss battles. As soon as you do an attack, the boss damage will be rolled automatically and you'll automatically get your rewards.

5. Posted on Jun 8, 2021, 9:23:59 PM UTC
    ID: 35102 | #9
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 274 BETA ADMIN
    XP

The forums aren't really designed for casual chatter- we have a Discord that is more for casual conversation if you'd like to join that. We have conversations there :) https://discord.gg/Egy7F9kR

Quick Reply

Please login to post to the forums...

Login