PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1241 Members

Element related suggestion that also turned into a rant.

1. Posted on Sep 15, 2022, 7:50:05 PM UTC
    ID: 41523 | #1
    WillowTheFox
    Level 8
    XP

I was just wondering if it could be changed back to where you can choose the latent element when submitting your character. The random element can cause very annoying implications for characters with pre-existing lore, such a Seireif, who is supposed to be a fire element OC, and is literally partially made of fire. She got the air element when I submitted her, so I won't be able to actually use her at all until I get an elemensha, which is gonna be a pain in the butt for me to get since I can't pay for trokens cuz my mom won't let me, and I can't do battles yet either. I have a post up so I can hopefully get some art commissions to pay for the elemenshas, but I really don't like the random element system, espeacially since all my OCs are so lore-heavy and have very specific elements which are also usually a MAJOR design point in my characters. It's just really annoying to have to work so hard to get trokens and then use them all up just to customise something that i would logically have been able to do from the start without the need to use money or in-game currency. The elemensha mechanic is good for later element changes, but it's just annoying when combined with not being able to choose your starting element. And for people like me who are obsessed with character lore and having everything perfect when it comes to uploading an OC somewhere, it's honestly kinda infuriating. I was also hoping to get more elements added, such as ice and dark/shadow. And having the option for no element would also be really nice for me, since a good chunck of my OCs can't use magic at all because of lore implications, such as their native world being one where magic doesn't exist or them just not being interested in learning any sort of magic, or even being opposed to magic and hating it. Although the no element option could probably create some funky implications since this rpg world is based around magic from the looks of it, so I do understand not wanting to add that feature.

2. Posted on Jul 17, 2023, 7:19:49 AM UTC
    ID: 44120 | #2
    ZalfaOriana
    Level 38
    XP

Hi, I suggest this article for you.
    https://www.paperdemon.com/app/g/pdarpg/events/view/174/elemensha-quest/1

Hope this helps.

I'm sorry to bother you in case you already know about it :')

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.