View all forum posts by sls-scifiandart

Home » Forums » Posts by sls-scifiandart

Practice your inking skills and develop positive drawing habits for 30 XP per drawing. Inktober. Oct 1 - 31

Posted on

Interesting! =D I'll get to it for my RP muse when I come back from a Disney Ship trip from 10th-13th of this month.

Posted on

Interesting. And I have to agree with arkillian about Tumblr. Granted, I only post art there when sharing from either here, DA, or Pixiv. Aside from that, Only time I post art when drawing something from RP threads (Which I decided I will post them here as well). 

What I do like about this site is the Redcurtain interface not many art sites use to separate NSFW from SFW. I know DA has filters. But, I don't think it helps cause people still find ways to complain or just click out the warning and complain afterwards...yanno? This one is clear cut. You're not 18+? Sorry you have to stay in the kiddie corner until you're old enough no matter how 'mature' you are. Smile

The rank system looks cool. What I like about it is it is based on what the user does and activity versus the llamas stuff (even though the llama thing on DA is cute) a user gets from other people.

Posted on

I can imagine what the thing is. A good chunk of people here have DA. From what I can say, people don't really get much feedback on their works here and that can stun them from wanting to improve, get better, or get encouragement. I don't suffer from that because I'm not that known in DA and I prefer this community and how they are more rules aware than DA is.

Posted on

Hmm...I have the game (cause soundtrack got me and missions). I'm interested. I would like to know where you stand in Shadow's part of the storyline and the question of forming a portal with two chaos emeralds. Just out of curiosity. I agree that they could've made it better had they not rushed it in any way and took some time and thought when making the storyline for the game.

Posted on

I figured this is art related but I was a bit questioned as to why in the Site Rules, 18+ is mostly directed only for those types of 18+ content works. There are also other types of content not involving sexual types of 18+ and I'm curious where this site stands, for example, in terms of gore/violence types of artworks since those aren't something for the 18- of the site, especially when depicted in detail. I'm not talking like small amount of blood. I mean like to a point where 18+ label is needed. I know it stands out since it's not fetish or sexual related content. But, I don't think it's fair to leave it out without getting some info in regards to it is all. smiley

Posted on

Ah, it's been a while. College plus moving items to a new home doesn't really give time for practicing digital art coloring. As far as DA is concerned. I used to have an art theft report account. I made a copy paste guide so people don't make blind reports that get ignored by staff. Then, I figured I step down and focus on improving on my hobbies, including making some art in form of visual or writing. 

I feel like we should inform people about the crimes that site is committing against artists. That's way more important. But, how to do it...

You also have to consider other sites like TUMBLR also being guilty of these thefts (granted most don't go up to DA's level though but the usual "I'm too lazy to source" shouldn't be pushed aside either) around. I do agree though they should focus on catching thefts instead of the current slow internet dilemma to rob more money from people new going on today. 

As far as submissions, I'm just making DA as my practice ground in this case and save sites like PaperDemon (for art) and someday Shadowness (for manips) for the future. Can't wait to turn 18 though. Not because of red curtain. Though being able to bounce between two different locations to acknowlege both sides in the site isn't a bad thing to consider. *shrugs* I have a quick question on that. If a user can access to here and red curtain, is it two separate galleries or are the works still under one artist profile with some having some 18+ as a preview or something like that?

Posted on

I'm slowly trying to get back in gear to drawing after my college spring term gets over.

Posted on

"I REALLY hate that I can spend 10 hours on a picture and get 20 likes / reblogs, while a doodle of the same fandom will get 250 or more."

This and the logic that the original artist has significantly less notes compared to some dope blogger that took the image and reposted it at times. In my opinion, it's more of share common interest material rather than "show your amazing talents" blog. RP blogs do better in gaining followers and most fandom art in terms of anime are merely credited pixiv images. I mean, is it hard to put a thumbnail and let users see the full image at the site itself so the artist gets more viewers?

I despise certain parts of DA over Tumblr though. Mainly underage twats and others using/uploading pics that aren't their own and such.

Posted on

Seems fascinating to do. Good luck! smiley