View all forum posts by Fembot

Home » Forums » Posts by Fembot

Posted on

Hahaha I love that flying tablet

Everyones work is very beautiful!

Posted on

OOOOOOOOO I'm so happy for you Keen!! Remember me when you are a big star! Dance

*HUGS*!

Posted on

I went for the Graphire, and mine is a 4x6. Once you program it onto your computer you never really notice how small it is.

Did you take that test on the Wacom website??? It told me i needed a 11x14 intuos, What? i don't think so.... So i went for a bitty one and I AM SO HAPPY with my choice.

I used to use an Epson,  *pthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhp* crap by comparision. Absolutly NO pressure sensitivity and the handling was garbage.

So don't think about the size too much, if you can, go somewhere like London Drugs (I don't know if you have one of those...) or Best Buy or something and play with one. THEN try a tablet PC OMG soooooooo cooooooooool.
You are going to love it when you get it!

Oh yeah, I usually draw imy stuff  out by hand first, and i was working with a soft and dark pencil, i screwed up and there was no CTRL Z!! I guess you get used to the computer... haha

Posted on

I want to do comic books too! But I don't know what you classify as young.... I am 21.

For a lot of people art isn't really a full time job, you have to make an income while waiting to get work right? Unless you own your own graphic design/marketing company. Then you can have contracts with garunteed work. Or if you have a mega rich spouse!

Currently my cousin and I are designing a comic book. We are going to submit it to Image. It is taking a lot of work though. He is writing most of it, and we are both making the 'touch ups' but i have to pencil ink and friggin colour!!!

So... I want to do art forever!!!

Posted on

I absolutely hate it when people say "seen" instead of saw.

"yea, i seen it!" - NOOOO you "saw" it!

One of my best friends always says brang instead of brought. What the heck is brang? "Oh yeah, I brang that picture with me so you can hang it up in your gallery." I like to call him on it, he blushes.

The other thing I don't agree with is the filler swear words. That's what I call them. Listening to people tell a story and they forget a certain word or pause and just add f**kin'. WHAT?! WHY!?! It makes no sence!!!

"I was at the store the other day and....f**kin' ... this guy..." SPIT IT OUT! You are a moron.

My younger brother in law has a regular plethora of adjectives. In order-

Gay, and Retarded.

I don't think he knows anymore! I ask him every time he says Gay to change the word to something like dumb, and he says " dumb sounds so gay, I'm not saying that."

AAAAHHHHHH READ A DICTIONARY! Don't you know that you might be hurting someones feelings?!

There.

Posted on

On Nov 4, 2006 7:34 am, Lyude said:
On Nov 3, 2006 1:48 pm, Fembot said:

There is no name for the @ symbol!!! It's so lonely!!!

Fallen Angel 117 and I are going to call it the ATpersand...

Accually there is a name for it. at least here in holland. we cal it "apenstaartje" it means monkey tail or some peeps cal it : "ametstaartje" that means a with tail.wierd huh.

anyways I got another fact: Did you know when you trow away a can on the street iut remains 1,000,000 years!!

wow that's cool about the @. you learn something new everyday!!!

Posted on

There is no name for the @ symbol!!! It's so lonely!!!

Fallen Angel 117 and I are going to call it the ATpersand...

Posted on

Yeah I don't now anymore, someone wants to rent out the space for a show of their own, Im giving them priority because they are going to pay me.... yah monies

Posted on

On Oct 29, 2006 9:22 pm, arkillian said:
On Oct 29, 2006 8:40 pm, Fembot said:

I was thinking, I own an art Gallery and custom frame shop here in Canada. We are alllllways looking for more artists. Maybe if anyone would want to display prints or at least a binder so people could order on line...

We don't buy anything off artists were are strictly consignment... so maybe if i was sent a bunch of images from everyone who wants to i could put together a print binder and contact info with pricing etc and people could order...

I have also consignment agreement forms that i could email out. The gallery only takes 25% which is soooo low.

I dunno if anyone has any ideas PM me.

Imagine selling your art internationally!!! Smile

Where is this gallery? How much do artists make from it? What are the copy rights on it? Obviously it has to be origanal stuff, but what rights do the artist get when you sell it? Etc...

It's in Kamloops BC. How it usually works is the artist brings us some origionals (sometimes prints) We never accept plagerized work. In this case I think it will be a lot easier if there was a catalogue, because I don't want anyone to ship anything and I don't want to take a disk to a printer, it will cost me too much moneys.

The artist decides on a price we add our comission. (25%) which is nothing compared to large city galleries 40-50% Our whole idea was that we would take a low comission so that we could sell many more and get the artists work around.

In this case we would have to work out an ordering system. Price your work acording to what you want for it PLUS the cost of printing, and shipping. There are a lot of people that order from art catalouges in our store, we charge them shipping on top of the print price. They don't care.

Usually with a piece on work framed and all that in the gallery we can only keep them up for about 2 months before we change around, with a catalogue it can stay in our ordering section forever really, which is better odds for you.

You also don't have to worry about insurance, we don't insure art, we can't. Our insurance only covers fire/floods. The artist has to insure for theft and vandalism.  Again with a print book no damage or anything done. No insurance worries.

Christmas is on the brain right now so getting it done quickly would be best.

Who ever wants to sell will have to PM their personal info. So we can judge shipping prices and length of time blah blah.

So if we sell, we usually cut a cheque, so  we  would probably email you that it sold and then you prep and send and we mail you a cheque simoltaniously so that no one has to wait too long.

I hope that answers some questions. I have sold some things before I owned half of the store, and i have sold since... Robin displayed some things, they didn't sell though, you win some you loose some. Art is so very subjective.

A lot of people ask what sells the most. I honestly have no clue, we have sold nudes, abstracts, flowers, conceptual pieces and landscapes. We have yet to sell fantasy work, but we havn't had a lot in.

Ok Im done now...

Posted on

I was thinking, I own an art Gallery and custom frame shop here in Canada. We are alllllways looking for more artists. Maybe if anyone would want to display prints or at least a binder so people could order on line...

We don't buy anything off artists were are strictly consignment... so maybe if i was sent a bunch of images from everyone who wants to i could put together a print binder and contact info with pricing etc and people could order...

I have also consignment agreement forms that i could email out. The gallery only takes 25% which is soooo low.

I dunno if anyone has any ideas PM me.

Imagine selling your art internationally!!! Smile