View all forum posts by PitaBread

Home » Forums » Posts by PitaBread

Posted on

I really enjoyed the movie, too.  Like you, I'm WAY disappointed that Bee's voice is gone... AGAIN.  I mean, WTF?  They didn't even really explain it.  And with Ratchet there (who got like, 10 seconds of screen time), why wasn't he fixed?  I also really hate that parents are bringing young kids to this movie.  I mean, I saw 4 and 5 year olds!  And if you tell them, "don't repeat those words", they just want to do it even more.  I, too, hate that people blame musicians and whatnot when it's the parents' fault for allowing their kids to see movies with such violence and language.

That said, I liked the plot, and as a Decepticon fan, I LOVED the line-up.  Ravage was always a fave, and I thought he got some great screen time (R.I.P. Ravage).  What really disappoints me is (this goes back to the first movie as well) that they insist on using silly GM cars.  I mean, Bee looks great, but they should've stuck with the original cars, or at least used a new variety of cars.  Instead, we get a crappy selection of cars that we either will never like, or will never see (since GM is doing so poorly).  Actionwise, the movie was great.  And the story was great, too.  I was thoroughly entertained.

Posted on

*sigh*  Personally, since I can't draw worth my life, it doesn't affect me personally.  I'm actually more interested in the question about written plagerism that someone else asked.

But I have a friend on dA that absolutely abhors this new tracing policy.  Her argument is that many of these people that trace do it for pageviews.  They're not citing the original artist, and they want to look like an accomplished artist.  In that case, of course it makes me want to say "no" to tracing.  But unless it's directly stated by that person, how does one know the 'artists' true intentions?  I've done some copying before, but not of fanart itself - of the original artist only.  AND I've stated that it wasn't original and gave credit to that artist.  But when I found that I really just didn't have the talent for drawing, I gave up.  This is not the case for many of the un-serious kids on dA that just want to be recognized. 

I agree that tracing has its' benefits as a learning tool, but I think the problem here is that drawing isn't what these kids are learning - it's plagerism.

Posted on

I don't know about everyone else, but this is far from the only fanart/anfiction/original fiction site I visit.  I'm a moderator at Inuyasha-fanfiction.com, and we're having problems too, and have had to resort to asking for donations.  Maybe we could provide mutual advertising? 

As for sites I frequent, they include deviantART, fanfiction.net, adultfanfiction.net, mediaminer.org, dokuga.com, and crunchyroll.com.

Posted on

Congrats, Bogus!

Listen, I hear ya, girl.  I'm a bit of a tomboy myself, having grown up with GI JOE's and micro machines.  If you need any advice, just ask.  I've been married for about 18 months now, and I planned my own wedding.  We did it for about $6,000, which is CHEAP, but it was small (only 50 people) and we did the whole thing at a local hotel (it was beautiful - we got married on a bridge under a waterfall!).  But we had help - my husband's grandmother does wedding invitations for a living (need some? lol) and we have a friend in the DJ business.

Your best weapon?  Looking around.  Don't commit to anything right away, because more than likely, before the ink is dry on the contract, you'll find someone better for cheaper.  Another thing?  Don't sweat the dress.  I bought mine off the rack, and I don't mind.  Something many girls take for granted?  The wedding party.  Pick your party carefully.  I can't stress that enough.  Believe it or not, many people will gladly say 'sure thing!' to your face, but when it comes down to responsibilities and cost, they begin to waver.  Also, make sure they really are close to you and aren't going to flake out. 

I don't know how your man will be, but my man actually wanted to be part of the process, and it helped.  In the end, nothing will be perfect, because you never know what's going to happen.  I had issues with the MC, and the photographer was a pain in the ass.  And our cake tasted like ass.  But we're happy, and in the end, I'm just glad it's over with.

I hope I didn't scare you away - I actually enjoyed the planning process (my phone never rang so much in my life!) and I was sad when it was over.  I hope you can come to like it as well!  If you have any questions, just ask!  ^^

-PB

Posted on

"My favorite TV show is... Chuck."

"I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts..."

Posted on

Plaything?

Posted on

Wow... so many to choose from.

I think I would be Kagome, from Inuyasha.  She gets bashed to often, and everyone complains that Inuyasha always has to save her.  But she's very strong, both spiritually and mentally.  The love triangle, the constant attempts on her life, and going to school, too?  She is one tough chick.  And her spiritual powers (even though they are currently MIA because of Magatsuhi) are awesome.  I'd love to learn archery!

Posted on

This sounds great!  But I'm sure there will be the occasional moron that didn't read this and posts stuff anyways...

Posted on

On Sep 15, 2007 5:19 am, Wandersoul said:

On Sep 14, 2007 7:00 am, Sliverbane said:

You know a story is good when you 'talk to the book'

This is me my room alone with my book:  "He's gonna do it!?'  "Stupid, don't talk to her she's got the poison" "Oh, hurry up and save them!"

That's happened to me a couple times.

-shiftyeyes- No, I've never heard of that happening...xD Lol, I'm terrible for doing that.

You know a story's good when you're reading, and suddenly it's midnight and you're thinking, 'Shoot, I need to get up at 5:30.' :p

Yeah, like pretty much everyone else said...the pacing and character development is what really draws me through. In a lot of ways 'good' or 'bad' writing is pretty subjective, once you get past the basic 'rules' to writing...depends on what someone really focuses on when they're reading, and what makes it, ahm, I don't know -- "effortless" for them to read? Don't know if that makes sense.

Hehe... me too.  I've done both those things.  What's worse, is when I 'talk' to my books, they sound like mad mumblings... 

When I read 'The DaVinci Code', I started around 8pm, and the next thing I knew, it was 4:30, and I had to be up at 8!  Needless to say, that repeated the following night.  I just HAD to finish it, lol. 

Adding on to all that...  As a writer/reader of fanfiction, and as fanfiction contains characters that are already well-known and their characteristics are nothing new, I think that it all comes down to the plot.  If there aren't enough sub-plots (or any) to supplement, and if the main plot is too boring, people will stop reading.  And, as it goes without saying in fanfiction, bad grammar and atrocious spelling is DEFINATELY a turn-off...

Posted on

I think the proposed genres sound good.  There's so much out there, and with heach new member, we're bound to need more genres.  Smile