View all forum posts by leetpawnmaster

Home » Forums » Posts by leetpawnmaster

Posted on

Disregard that please, I borrowed Red Faction from a friend, and, unfortunately, the physics engine is the only thing it has going for it.  The story is cookie cutter at best and the artwork is red and bland.  Try not to throw away money on it.

Posted on

I'm not sure if anyone is familiar with the Red Faction games, but they were two FPS games on the PS2, and were well recieved for their destructable enviroments.

If you have Xbox Live, go try out the Demo for Red Faction: Guerrila.  The destruction engine is amazing to see in action.  Albeit, I'm still having some trouble with the game's cover system, I still think that It looks very promising.

Posted on

I changed my mind, after playing the first 3 MGS games, Naked Snake (and by extension: Solid Snake) is my favorite character.  He is incredibly intelligent, could kick anyone's tail in a CQC fight, has a sharp wit along with a bluntness when it comes to talking to people.  I think he's my favorite because he's the most human like character in videogames. 

Posted on

Resident Evil 4 was the first, (and admittedly, the only real RE I ever played) and I fell in love with RE4 before I made it to the first typewritter.  So, of course, hearing about RE5 coming out, and the fact that it would play similar to RE4, I felt that it would easily be an awesome game.  And while I was playing it, the game rocked. (especially Co-op)  But after you start infiltrating the Tricell facility and beyond, the game stopped being Resident Evil, like Shalashaska mentioned, once you start handing the zombies AK-74s, the game turned into a crappy Gears of War clone.

The thing that really seems to mess with the gameplay is the fact that Capcom showers you with automatic weaponry.  In RE4, you had the TMP and the Thompson. (and you had to work for that Tommy gun)      RE5 gives you a Vz61 Skorpion, an MP5, an AK-74, a SIG 556, and an M134 Minigun (the 134 being the bonus infinate gun)  All other weapon types: pistols, shotguns, rifles...etc...are fairly similar to the ones in RE4, but all of these machine guns really water down any attempt this game could have made at 'horror'.

They brought back old sack head and his chainsaw...which just isn't the same the 2nd time around...  The guy with the giant ax only appears once.  The blind mole-rat things are just a cheap rip on the RE4 gladiators (but without the gladiator armor and bells that gave those fights some strategy.)  RE5's enemies just didn't blow me away, except for the spiders....and they just made me uncomfortable.

For any gun buffs out there, I would like to point out:  1) how dissappointed I was that they didn't bring back the Red 9 as a handgun, and 2) that they modeled the M37 shotgun wrong.  The shells eject out the bottom, not to the side.  (Incredible nitpicking there, but couldn't help it.)

Basically....

For all I hate about this game though, I would still highly recomend renting it.  (definately if you didn't play number 4)  It still has the functionallity of 4, with Co-op, but it just feels cheaper at times...

3/5

Also, where's the merchant?

Posted on

11 is enjoying a Jelly Biscuit.

Posted on

Kitty

Posted on

The first animes I used to watch were DBZ and Outlaw Star.  Unfortunately, due to my shotty memory, I cannot remmember a single episode or any of the characters from Outlaw Star.  Though I do remember that I used to like it.

Posted on

I like it, except for that the homepage music always scares me because I leave my volume on too high.

And I liked their old slogan better: "The Problems of the Future, Today."

Posted on

"...tried to eat my copy of Terminator 2."

"Don't look now, but there is a..."

Posted on

I haven't seen it yet, but I plan to.  I just hope that it is better than the last two movies.  They left out so many points from the books.