View all forum posts by Redesignated

Home » Forums » Posts by Redesignated

Posted on

Topic: IE6 is Dead

On Jul 26, 2009 10:10 am, BogusRed said:

You could cancel your internet service for a few months to save up for a decent used xp computer (and go to the library in the mean time for your internet fix). If you are still on 98, your machine must be about 10 years old and that's... well... stone age.

Cutting Internet access isn't really an option; I'll be homebound for quite some time here. The other things I can do while inside don't really eat up as much time as the 'net, without becoming irritating.

More and more apps are moving from desktop to web. But the web is limited by the constraints of the browser and some times the hardware. We need to bring everyone up to speed if we are to progress the web further.

That's a given for things like this. An annoying one on the part of those who can't afford the latest model, yes, but that's unavoidable.

Posted on

Topic: IE6 is Dead

On Jul 17, 2009 9:06 am, BogusRed said:

If you are using IE6 because you are on a very old computer running Windows 98/2000/ME, It's time for a new computer.

I'll ask the moths that just flew out of my wallet if they have any spare change, then.

Posted on

Oh snap. o: Congratulations!

Posted on

Happy early birthday to the both of you! =D

Wow, mega Premium Account sale. [o . o]

Posted on

Topic: deviantArt v6

On Jul 12, 2008 8:08 am, BogusRed said:

We have a few areas that use AJAX. Particularly the Chatbox, chatroom, and adding/removing from favorites. But we could definitely use it in a lot more places. I plan to make all the subscription notices be ajax so you can just click a X and poof it will be removed from your members portal.

Ooh. That sounds neat.

I'm not even sure if I know what AJAX is an acronym for anymore. |D; Asynchronous JavaScript and XML? [>_>;]

Posted on

Topic: deviantArt v6

It purrrrrdy. |D

I am definitely liking the new message center. I'm working on clearing out my backlog now.

AJAX would be fun here. [ouo] *Likes web sites that utilizes it*

Posted on

Welcome back. I'm glad to hear things are going better for you now. Corky Smile

Posted on

Topic: Theme Day

Sorry, Susie. I just couldn't think of anything to fit the theme. [>>;;]

Posted on

... Draw your own demon?

You, Susie, have made Theme Week my favorite week of the year. =D

*Likes drawing creepy stuff with horns and claws and such*

Posted on

Topic: MyAnimeList