View all forum posts by lizstaley

Home » Forums » Posts by lizstaley

Posted on

Topic: Hello!

Yeah, I know having it up can be great advertising, but this is what the project director has passed down from on high, so I'm adhering to it. I really just wanted to do it for practice with drawing some stuff I probably wouldn't come up with on my own. Plus since it's a 12 page script it's easy to get in to and then have finished. Good practice for a relative newb to comics. frown

Posted on

I'll probably be putting my (giant mecha) comic up here. Since the other one is being printed and sold we're only allowed to put up textless previews on the internet. 

I have thought about going to a convention just with a bunch of finished plushies, but I usually go to one convention a year or so and just finally started getting in to the artist's alley. It's my goal though to start going to conventions and doing more AAs soon to help promote my work, especially now that I have a web-comic! 

Man, that D&D game sounds like fun! And your 4E character reminds me of a Star Wars character I had once. Jedi character who had been in stasis for about 4,000 years. Was born in the time of the original Sith Wars, and then ended up in the Rebellion Era. She found some of the new Jedi practices to be downright silly, and she was so much fun to play!

Posted on

I'm working on a printed comic that's going to be part of a Steampunk anthology, actually. I'm pretty excited about it because it's going to be my first comic work that's in print. Been working on it really hard for the past two months. 

As for plushies, I haven't done them in awhile but I usually do the cute chibi-looking anime ones. I have done a few other things, including some bears, but I really like doing the humanoids. I used to crochet them but it takes so long and I like the look of the fabric ones better. I'm going to be making a plushie for someone here in the next few weeks as a commission so I'm hoping that will get me back in to them. I kinda stopped making them because it's near impossible to sell them at a price that I both feel they're worth and that people will pay for them. (Even though some plush artists can sell their work for $200, but I can't even sell a hand-painted, hand sewn, detailed plush for $50? Come on now...)

We mainly play the West End Games D6 system, specifically Star Wars. Though we do have a D6 Battlestar Galactica game going right now. We also play D&D 3.5. My husband and I do a role-playing podcast called Rho Pi Gamma, it's a lot of fun for us because we get to geek out, share our gaming experience, and help other gamers out!

Posted on

Topic: Hello all.

Doesn't seem to... Which I think is awful because I kinda like it here! DevArt is so huge that I like the smaller art communities because I get lost on DA. 

By the way, I see that you're a comic artist. I just started a web-comic a few months ago, so I guess that makes me a comic artist too. Smile

Posted on

Topic: Hello all.

Hi! I'm also new. Nice to meet you!

Posted on

Another new member here. Someone from ComicDish.com pointed me to this site and I thought it looked like a great place to meet some more artists.

My name is Liz and I primarily do cartoons/anime. I also just started a web-comic in April that I've been doing a lot of work for, which I'll start putting up here too I'm sure. I live in Western Pennsylvania. Aside from art and comics, I also like doing crafts, bellydancing, running, making plushies (though I haven't done it in awhile because a friend has my sewing machine and my roommate's craft room is a mess at the moment so I can't get in there), writing, and playing tabletop role-playing games.