PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1284 Members

Post 28818 - Fostering more positivity in our community

1. Posted on Apr 23, 2017, 6:59:44 PM UTC
    ID: 28818
    BogusRed
    ADMIN

Hi Inuyoujo.

I went to a conference a few weeks ago that had very similar guidelines. And I found that those guidelines had a positive effect on myself and those around me. I was much more inclined to be inclusive of others and help others out.

For example, I had joined a group of people for dinner and as we were walking to dinner, someone behind us was following us. He asked us "Are you guys going to the movie?" and we said we weren't. It turned out he assumed we were going to the movie, got separated from his group, and followed us instead for several blocks. I could sense the panic he was feeling about being separated and not knowing where to go. In the spirit of inclusiveness, I invited him to join us for dinner and we all ended up having a good time.

So these guidelines worked at the conference. It's worth a shot here.

I find your comments quite hurtful actually. Saying "who cares" and "no one is here anyway" really hits me hard right in the gut. And both Firiel and MaskedDragonNamedLin are here and supportive of it.

If the guidelines don't work, well then we're no worse off than we were before. I'll keep trying until I find something that works. And it may take several things working together. Any positive support you can provide would be helpful.