PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1284 Members

Post 28819 - Fostering more positivity in our community

1. Posted on Apr 24, 2017, 3:16:26 AM UTC
    ID: 28819
    Firiel

We do have kind of a small active population right now, yes, but there's potential for growth as well as for old members to come back visiting, and I like to have a safety net - as well as to feel like I personally am protected and welcome. In an intimate community even one or two new members (or one newbie with Problems inviting along a similar-minded friend) being toxic can have a massive effect on the mood of the whole group, and it's good to know that if somebody did get out of line (eg anti-LGBT or racist slurs incorporated in a lot of their artwork, political cartoons portraying opponents and/or feared minorities as ghouls to be slain and stereotypes of mental illness, yes I am thinking of someone particular in another community) there would be a rule to point to, and an admin who would potentially back it up if things escalated. Murphy's Law absolutely applies to open communities on the internet. Like... I would hope that being decent to one another and respecting eachother's personhood is common sense, but common sense isn't always common.