PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1302 Members

er...little help... ^ ^;;

1. Posted on Feb 26, 2006, 5:41:36 AM UTC
    ID: 7890 | #11
    MoonDemon
    Level 41
    XP
    I really think face to face talking is better than a letter because letters tend to be not as private as people think. Slightly off subject but when I was 18 I ended up having to turn over alot of letters to the police because my X decided we were destined to be together and he got rather insistant when I refused to see things his way. Before it got to that point though I showed the letters to a few of my friends and they thought the letters were funny seeing how they were at that point unaware of the creeping he was doing. I'm not saying you're going to go stalker on this guy but to avoid the risk of him showing people your letters as a gag or something I really would try and catch him alone to talk about your issues.
  2. Posted on Feb 26, 2006, 6:03:00 AM UTC
    ID: 7891 | #12
    emmet849
    Level 23
    XP

First of all BIG HUGE HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!  That really sucks!  I'm so sorry that happened to you!  I haven't read any of the other responces, so I'm sorry if I repeat anything that's already been said or if I'm writing this too late.  I will also add a disclaimer to this:

I am a slightly bitter woman, who is pretty distrustful of men in general.  Although I have been with my bf for a long time, I still have unresolved issues stemming from mildly abusive relationships.  So please take everything I say with a grain of salt.

Okay, with that out of the way...I know it hurts, but I honestly think that things work out in the end.  I think things that are meant to be happen with time.  If you two are made for each other, he'll come around and if not, at least it didn't drag out longer than it could have.  I know you probably have regrets, that's completely normal and expected.  I would also say that if you feel like you need to talk to him, give it time and do it face to face.  Give yourself time to cool off and get over the initial bleeding your heart is going through.  Let it scab a bit.  My experience is that getting back together with a bf that closely to the break up does not usually end up a strong relationship.  Love takes practice and work.  If this guy is worth it to you (and he sounds like he is, so I hope he really deserves someone as great as you), cool off then ask to talk.

Okay, that's all from me.  I really admire that you for really understanding yourself.  I find my first reaction to be anger.  I harden my emotions pretty quickly, so I am in awe of you.  You have a huge heart and I hope that this guy knows what a gift you are.

One more big huge hug for you!!  remember you are a wonderful, wonderful person and we all love you!!!

3. Posted on Feb 26, 2006, 6:11:47 AM UTC
    ID: 7893 | #13
    Level 22 LOCKED
    XP

ha, thanks moondemon, yeh i can understand where you are coming from. but i really rather refuse to make it heart-felt, i'm just going to tell him that it's been bugging me that i've never said anything that night so i'm going to tell him now, i really just want him to be my friend, this ignoring thing is a lot more painful then others may think...anywho, i know face to face is more personal, but as for private, he can just as easily open his mouth and tell others about it, and in either case that would just show he's a (profane word ^_^) even his friends would realize that, and even though he dumped me, i still know enough about him that he wouldn't do something like that...lol, and no, i'm not being naive ^_^. but my main reason is that, i just plainly don't have that much courage, i can't even bring myself to try and meet his eyes, which wouldn't work anyways because he's always avoiding mine...anywho, i've been through that, and under pressure, i stutter, brain stops working, i wouldn't say everything i need to, and at times, i'd break down and cry...^_^ believe me, that has happened even though there was nothing wrong, i was just talking to someone under pressure...

but yeh, thanks though

*scratches head with a smile* haha, thanks emmet, naw, someone's word is never too late, and i agree with you, if something happens then it's meant to be, that's how i thought with other relationships, if it doesn't work for one person then there is no way it will work for the other, i don't much believe in leaving your fate to well...fate...but i do believe there is someone for each person. that's probably what really helped is knowing if it doesn't work, then hey, it doesn't work. but what i left unsaid, is for him to decide how he feels, but either way, i'm not expecting anything, i've already went through the pain for the first two days, i forced myself to realize he's gone, instead of playing around with possibilities, hey, i cried myself to sleep, but i also forced myself to move on for the most part because my friends, one they are really annoying when they constantly ask if you are alright ^_^ yeh, they are great, but also, why should i be the one to bring them down.....then again i'm in my happy mood today so hey! it works!

anywho, i just have to deal with regret, sure i still miss him, but he's still there, he's not gone, he's just not mine...as odd as that sounds...anywho, point is, i still get depressed, thus why i talked about it to others, and again, you are right, it really does make a little more sense to wait to tell him....mainly cause i'm a woos, but also, it does seem too soon, it would feel more like trying to get him back instead of just telling him what i think he should have heard in the first place...right...now that i've done enough me myself and i...^_^ again thank you! this really did help me, still wish i had a car and could just drive though....*sniffs*

Last edited by 639 on Feb 26, 2006, 6:32:49 AM UTC. 2 total edits.

4. Posted on Feb 26, 2006, 8:51:05 AM UTC
    ID: 7899 | #14
    emmet849
    Level 23
    XP
    I'm so glad that you're feeling happier!  Yea!!!!!!!!!!!  I totally understand unresolved issues...I have tons of them, although most of mine involve a lot of yelling and screaming akin to a 5 year old LOL.  One thing that helps me is to write randomly in a journal.  I feel like I get it out and even if I never tell the things I say to the person I'm writing to, it helps.  I use my journal for all sorts of things, story ideas, doodles, vent raids, happy memories, etc.  I don't know if that might help in your situation, but it's a suggestion.  Anywho...I'm so glad that you're feeling better.  I probably shouldn't have written anything since I am a bitter woman especially when it comes to men.  I have impossible standards, but I'm glad that you're doing better!  I would dance for you...but that might frighten you, so I'll give you another cyberland hug for good luck!
  5. Posted on Feb 27, 2006, 1:06:52 AM UTC
    ID: 7919 | #15
    Level 22 LOCKED
    XP

*laughs* dancing is fun though! i love scaring people with random dancing, and you really aren't bitter, that or you are really good at hiding it ^_^

i have a journal and it "did" help a lot with sorting through problems, it really was one of the benefactors that mellowed me out....honestly now that i think of it, just two years ago, i was quiet and shy and sweet on the outside, but completely insane on the inside, and i've just evened out, so now i show when i'm insane and am just loud and annoying! :wacko: anywho, lost the pen to my journal though...unfortunately, i have a thing for goth, not dark and evil myself and don't fallow whatever goth fade is around now, i just absolutely love the things that are dark and black and, ooo, ^_^ just love it, anywho, black pages, only can write in silver pen on them...*sighs* oh my stupidity...

but yeh, i'm am feeling a lot better about it, not enough to actually talk to him yet though...I was going to today though cause i lost my English assignment and he's the only one i know who is in the same English class as i am....whelp that confidence flew out the window about an hour ago....all wells…looks like I get a 50% on this assignment…*shakes head* yeh, I was talking to a friend about it cause she’s gone through a bad break up too and we just got onto that subject…again…all it did was just remind me how stupid I felt and how much I really do miss him…gwaaaaaagh….alwells, I’m better anyways, never perfect, just better ^_^

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.