PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1277 Members

Post 28350 - File your rants, complaints, etc now!

1. Posted on Dec 22, 2015, 2:26:58 AM UTC
    ID: 28350
    BogusRed
    ADMIN

On Dec 21, 2015, Angelus-Mortis said:

Maybe another thing you could do is have a livestream feature where people can post their livestream/picarto status. I kind of just forgot to mention that.

Can you tell me more about this? I have no idea what picarto is or what you mean by livestream.

If you're worried contest participation might be too low, you could perhaps try some other events where you don't have to spend money on prizes. It could be a theme month you use to promote users' artworks. Or a comeback event.

Oh yeah maybe i could do simple contests like "whoever posts the most comments this week gets their work featured. or something like that.

I've also noticed some of the affiliates are a bit outdated and haven't updated for years. Maybe you could try and see if you could find affiliates that are more recent? You don't have to get rid of the older ones unless they've moved to another site or something, but affiliation is one method of spreading the word because that's how some people might find your site.

Oh yeah. those are ancient. None of them are getting me traffic right now except for a few per month from pixelgoddess closet. I will get new affiliates.

I was talking with my Mom and she had some ideas. Perhaps we could introduce a ranking system. This would encourage members to be more active because they'd gain higher ranks as they posted more. We had a REALLY long discussion about this (11 pages of posts) back in 2007. Perhaps I should just go ahead and implement this because pretty much everyone agreed it was a good idea.