PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Post 28380 - File your rants, complaints, etc now!

1. Posted on Dec 26, 2015, 6:55:45 AM UTC
    ID: 28380
    BloodlustSerenade

I really love that the rules for submission are quite clear (none of the fuzzy DA haze or confusion over why some things are removed and others not) and I also love that there aren't such strict limitations on what we can upload. (I can't upload to Elfwood because my fantasy drawings aren't fantasy enough O_o).

Some can certainly draw faster and upload more than others (I'm SO slow, seriously -_-") which tends to flood the recent submissions page with only a small variety of artists at times. I don't see any way around that without messing with those points I just made about my own upload freedoms though :)

That I can see how many different artists have uploaded since I last checked on the front page (without expanding the newest submissions list to see each new piece) is seriously cool. I love that so much :D

If people don't want a community and just want a place to show other's what they have done then power to them.  I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing at all.  Losing interest because your art dump isn't getting enough recognition/comments though??  That's where my comment to upload ration pet peeve comes into play. ("comment" really just meaning interacting with others at all really. SO many forum posts only have between 0-3 replies now.  Users are reaching out but no one is biting.)  
    Hopefully we do attract more who want to get to know more artists and participate in community events like themes and the like :)

I know that I managed to make a couple of really good friends on DA that way, and when one of the more skilled artists spent some time with me in a chat room in DA they helped me a lot with both my technique and my confidence.  It's that sort of thing I am personally looking for, and I know there will be some other like-minded people out there who want something similar.  My fingers are crossed ^_^ But I'm also linking this site to those who share my point of view as well.