PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1302 Members

Post 28385 - File your rants, complaints, etc now!

1. Posted on Dec 26, 2015, 9:05:00 PM UTC
    ID: 28385
    BogusRed
    ADMIN

On Dec 26, 2015, BloodlustSerenade said:

I really love that the rules for submission are quite clear (none of the fuzzy DA haze or confusion over why some things are removed and others not) and I also love that there aren't such strict limitations on what we can upload. (I can't upload to Elfwood because my fantasy drawings aren't fantasy enough O_o).

I'm glad the rules are clear. We tried hard to make them easy to follow. We've had plenty of revisions to them over the years.

On Dec 26, 2015, BloodlustSerenade said:

I know that I managed to make a couple of really good friends on DA that way, and when one of the more skilled artists spent some time with me in a chat room in DA they helped me a lot with both my technique and my confidence.  It's that sort of thing I am personally looking for, and I know there will be some other like-minded people out there who want something similar.  My fingers are crossed ^_^ But I'm also linking this site to those who share my point of view as well. 

This passage really spoke to me. That is one of the key values I'd like PaperDemon to provide is helping artists become better artists. Thank you for sharing PaperDemon. If you have ideas on how we can make this more of a reality let me know. I've had thoughts about inviting professional artists to come and provide constructive critique work (only those that wanted it). I know a lot of professional artists so I think I might be able to get a few of them to do it. Is that something we'd want? The only problem with that is they might sign up and do the critiques then not come back again. I don't know if the pros would stick around long term.

On Dec 26, 2015, Angelus-Mortis said:

Well ja, a more focused chat could be a good idea. Not sure how much effort it requires to make more chat options to allow that, but I find on DA that chats like Artgerm are much more useful for critique than any number of critique groups there. I tend to find one of the problems with critique groups is that people just post there because that's what the group is for, but there are far fewer people that show up there just to offer constructive critique. If there are one or two people doing the critique because the group belongs to them, they don't have time to go over everything that gets submitted there. This kind of imbalance makes it difficult for critique exchange type groups to do well. I find in a chat setting, people just naturally gravitate there and help if they can just for being there.

Do you mean like a real time chat room? We could add a section for that. We do have a special gallery for art requesting critique. But we could update that page to also include a chatroom and try and promote it through the site better.