PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1266 Members

Shotacon and Lolicon in the Red Curtain

1. Posted on Aug 2, 2007, 5:08:37 AM UTC
    ID: 18275 | #2
    Draith
    Level 11 LOCKED
    XP

I think this is the most intelligent handling of this too-often delicate situation that I have seen on a website.  I had wondered how this site would handle such things, and I'm encouraged as well as relieved to find this post.

Comparing with other sites (some too-liberal in my mind bordering or crossing into MAJOR legal red-zones, or others incredibly strict ((no names mentioned but we can conjure them just fine))...), I really like this best. 

Great logical handling of visual aging, and thanks for not being a block head like those over at... well... that other place... and saying characters can't be "aged."  That's a really dumb standing in my opinion! (Thiers, not yours! ^^)

Well anyways, the whole point of this was just to say THANK YOU for being INTELLIGENT and making the rules this way.  As a new artist here and a logical person, I really appreciate this distinction! =)

2. Posted on Aug 2, 2007, 5:39:03 AM UTC
    ID: 18276 | #3
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

I'm so glad you approve. I wasn't quite sure how this would be received. I have been hearing a lot of artists talking about how they feel opressed by other sites out there. I feel bad for the artists but I often sympathize with the site admins on other sites because I'm an admin too. These are really TOUGH decisions to make.

3. Posted on Aug 2, 2007, 6:48:20 AM UTC
    ID: 18277 | #4
    Nekoyoujo
    Level 21
    XP

Sorry Draith, but I must disagree. :no:

I think that if you can the gallery set up for it ,and the filters set up for it it's ok. As long as people are being...i'll say "forced" to look at it ,by just clumping it in with the other artworks.

I must abmit I have a few souta (can't even spell it ,y'all) characters myself, but I keep it light just in case I might be crossing any lines, but the people from y!g ,go full on froce. I think it's best for everyone it feel welcome if you allow ,but just put on filters ,and stuff like you would with adults in the art.

In post prub stage (usually around 12 or 13) when the body want it to be time for you be able to reproduce you leave "lil girl ,and "lil boy" behind ,and become "young lady" ,and "young man". How held you are to the titles depend on your own matureity ,and vary with where you leave.

I'm not impling the choose is "UNINTELLIGENT" (seeing as how the word was used), but if you don't like it ,then put on the filter, like you can the other stuff.(And while I'm talkin' about that. Alil off subject an Anthro filter might be nice ,too.) Most legal probelms come in when you don't have a filter or at least some sort of warning. If you do the most people can do to you is whine about it, and that does nothing.

Oh the subject of y!g, they have auto-filters for guests ,and sites like FAP they have an auto filter that isn't remove ,even when you sing up ,until you remove it.

Honestly ,i don't like seeing per-pubs (somewhere around 10) in sexually acts ,but if that's what they wanna draw and I don't like it ,i'll just filter it if there's alot. To me there's never alot of that going around anyway, tho.

Last edited by Nekoyoujo on Aug 2, 2007, 7:21:38 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

4. Posted on Aug 2, 2007, 3:53:37 PM UTC
    ID: 18283 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

About the anthros. That's another line that we have not yet drawn. There is no rule against mature anthro entries yet. We haven't had any mature anhros submitted to the site yet. I will discuss it with the moderators. I will also add Shotacon and Lolicon to the Guest filters. Currently the only Guest filter inplace is 'Sexually Explicit Content'.

EDIT: Ok looks like we do have mature anthros in the red curtain. ive created a yiffy gallery and filter.

Last edited by BogusRed on Aug 2, 2007, 4:35:28 PM UTC. 2 total edits.

5. Posted on Aug 2, 2007, 9:45:49 PM UTC
    ID: 18287 | #7
    ladyHisoka
    Level 10
    XP

I must say this and, please, no one think more ill of me for doing such; But I actually hate the topic in question However I’m not about to tell the artist that they can't draw it!

I think its a great thing that a sight is holding the creativity portion of art above the viscosity of it, so many people forget that some people are not professionals but in order for them to aspire to be such breaking them is not how to do it. Pointing out someone’s flaws can ruin the whole reason someone would turn to drawing, and to say they can't "age" a fictional character falls under that category.

It can be defined as ridicule and I would prefer to stay away from such things, it’s not funny, it’s not right and I’m screwed in the head literally the only reason in not in an insane asylum is because I can actually function with the messed up twisted organ I call a brain. So I can’t fathom how someone would come to the conclusion that guys that look in their early 20’s are classified as minor.

6. Posted on Aug 2, 2007, 9:48:53 PM UTC
    ID: 18288 | #8
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP

The age olds :)

See, to me, I'm a little closed minded in the sence that you're legal to have sex in NZ if you're 16, so to me, mid to late teens is fine. Earlier is a little dodgy, so I agree with the boobs, bums and thighs rule. Besides- most of my art is based in a medieval fantasy world where the guardian family only have 30 years to live- most of them have kids at 15ish so they can see their child through to when they are at their full potential (magically) and can properly guard the world.

Besides- young is appealing ,but not TOO young. I don't like calling 16+ shota, but it is, cause its underage across the whole world, but it's fine. If it has old enough bits- it's fine to me :)

Furrys- where is the limit? I have Arkillian Dragon forms that are scales. Do I have  to filter them as furry? Where does it stop being Kemonomimi?

7. Posted on Aug 3, 2007, 12:00:33 AM UTC
    ID: 18290 | #9
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

On Aug 2, 2007 2:48 pm, arkillian said:

Besides- young is appealing ,but not TOO young. I don't like calling 16+ shota, but it is, cause its underage across the whole world, but it's fine. If it has old enough bits- it's fine to me :)

Yeah I know what you mean about naming it Shota because its not generally what you think of when you think of Shota. To me, when someone says shota, prepubescent is what comes to mind. So PD is really only allowing a very limited scope of Shota. To make things clear, the galleries literally are named "Shotacon (post-pubescent)"

[quote]

Furrys- where is the limit? I have Arkillian Dragon forms that are scales. Do I have  to filter them as furry? Where does it stop being Kemonomimi?

[/quote]

We're still working out the details for Furry art. I'll let you all know the details when its decided.

8. Posted on Aug 3, 2007, 2:41:15 AM UTC
    ID: 18292 | #10
    Nekoyoujo
    Level 21
    XP

On Aug 2, 2007 2:48 pm, arkillian said:
    [quote]

[/quote]

I can help with that.

Anthro is half human ,half animal IN MOST CASES. Nagas like the way I do them are considered kemonomimi. I make my Ishtara more human.

Nagas that are more reptail-like are anthro.

3 fingers instead of 5 (or 4 and 1 thumb) = anthro

green or whatever other color instead of human color skin = anthro

Horns and scales are optional ON BOTH!

All in short if it looks more ANIMAL then human it's anthro. If it's more animal then human it's kemo. :grin:

It it's a dog standing up whetier it's hin-leg style or 2 leg style (like us) it's still ahtro due to being covered in furry, having a mussle(?) instead of a human face. Paws for feet or not, it's still anthro.

A people with scales, a tail ,or ears is kemo.

~

Now ,for sake of getting BACK ON SUBJECT!

I perfer we don't use "intellegent" about this. Being intellegent doesn't have anything to do with personal opioins on issues like this. Then if some ,like myself ,disagree it makes look like it's said to be unintellegent ,and i ,nor no other disagreeer, have no  intent on offending someone in such a way ,just because they see differently.

Last edited by Nekoyoujo on Aug 3, 2007, 2:48:09 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.