PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1265 Members

Mature content guidelines

1. Posted on Nov 17, 2023, 9:49:51 PM UTC
    ID: 45734 | #2
    TheCrimsonDM
    Level 1
    XP

well... this sucks. I mean I wasn't planning to be 'sexually explicit' but cute/colorful/feral critters, my little pony style included is kind of my thing. Shame, thought we had a real 4thewords but for artists thing here. Gonna go somewhere else now I guess... man, this puts so many things out of reach. Digimon, pokemon, mlp, carrot, pommi. 

You can't just say 'a cartoon looks juivinile to one weird person so we decided it's all the same thing' that is not the purpose of art and is incredibly limiting.

Update: this also seems to exclude Vaporeon and any shortstacks, aka goblins (sorry their eyes are too big, clearly they are child) any dwarves, halflings, kobolds, or other small folk. This is just... kind of really insulting and aligns only with some of the most strict and insane laws that make anime illegal in parts of Germany. Seriously, this needs re-written for a modern era of sane rational humans. 

Last edited by TheCrimsonDM on Nov 17, 2023, 10:13:06 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

2. Posted on Feb 24, 2024, 5:22:51 PM UTC
    ID: 46626 | #3
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

On Sat, 18 Nov 2023 05:49:51 GMT, TheCrimsonDM said in post id 45734:

well... this sucks. I mean I wasn't planning to be 'sexually explicit' but cute/colorful/feral critters, my little pony style included is kind of my thing. Shame, thought we had a real 4thewords but for artists thing here. Gonna go somewhere else now I guess... man, this puts so many things out of reach. Digimon, pokemon, mlp, carrot, pommi. 

You can't just say 'a cartoon looks juivinile to one weird person so we decided it's all the same thing' that is not the purpose of art and is incredibly limiting.

Update: this also seems to exclude Vaporeon and any shortstacks, aka goblins (sorry their eyes are too big, clearly they are child) any dwarves, halflings, kobolds, or other small folk. This is just... kind of really insulting and aligns only with some of the most strict and insane laws that make anime illegal in parts of Germany. Seriously, this needs re-written for a modern era of sane rational humans. 

Thank you for the feedback. I think there is a misunderstanding here about our mature content rules.

We have removed the word "Cute" from the list as we think this language may have been too broad. Your interpretation of our rules was not what we intended. We are permissive and understanding of a variety of art styles.

To be clear here, we're not allowing any juvinile looking characters in sexual situations, basically anything that could be misconstrued as a child or pre-pubescent. You can draw pokemon, MLP, etc as much as you want as long as it's not sexual content.

As for anime specifically, we have tons of anime in our adult section. There's nothing here against anime. What we are against is chibis in sexual situations because they are child-like proportions.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.