Open group | 1284 Members

Attn Paper Demon Writers! New Feature!

1. Posted on Jan 4, 2006, 10:20:58 PM UTC
    ID: 6519 | #2
    MoonDemon
    Level 41
    XP

*HAPPY DANCE*

That is soooooo coool!!!! It'll help with the way the stories look for everyone like me that only knew how to use a file upload instead of the editor :grin: I had a heck of a time figureing it out and some of my fav authors here that don't know it either kept accidentally changing the colors of their text so it was realllllllllllyyyyy hard to read in the RC!!

Thank YOOOOOUUUUU :grin:

2. Posted on Jan 4, 2006, 11:07:19 PM UTC
    ID: 6523 | #3
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    The problem with the font colors is MS Words fault. When you copy and paste text from word I noticed it will set the font color as #000000 which means black. this problem MAY STILL EXIST even if you do the file upload. To change this, click on Source at the top of the editor to switch the editor to html mode and look for something like this:
    <font color="#000000">
    Then remove the color="#000000" part and then it should work fine. Either do that or stay in the regular editing mode of the editor, select all of the text and then change the text color to white by using the icon.

You seem to be able to use the FCK editor fine in the forums. What problem specifically are you having with posting writing?

Last edited by BogusRed on Jan 4, 2006, 11:15:36 PM UTC. 2 total edits.

3. Posted on Jan 5, 2006, 1:03:59 AM UTC
    ID: 6525 | #5
    MoonDemon
    Level 41
    XP

Oh, I've got it figured out myself now :grin: It took me a few times of editing my first story to get the hang of it, LOL. I ment a few of the stories I have in my favs from the site, I don't really remember if it was black type or really dark purple but it was a pain in the booty to read and they said they hadn't done anything with the color buttons so they didn't know why it kept ending up like that.

My biggest problem was I was using a font that isn't supported here for when I had my charaters thinkin something and when I would paste it the rest of the story would switch over to a larger and supported font :doh: it took me a few tries before I was smacking my head and saying "DUH" :lol:

Off topic :grin: Sweet I'm a beta purple *Happy Dance*

Last edited by MoonDemon on Jan 5, 2006, 1:06:04 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

4. Posted on Jan 5, 2006, 1:14:05 AM UTC
    ID: 6527 | #6
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    oh yeah fonts. that's something i need to type up in the help file. There are only so many fonts that are "Web Safe" pretty much all of them are in the Font drop down box in the FCK editor. So yeah don't use any fancy fonts because they aren't web safe. Just stick to good ol' times new roman :)
  5. Posted on Jan 5, 2006, 4:19:35 AM UTC
    ID: 6531 | #7
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    FCK is INFINITLY better than DA's editior, but straight from word has no growls from me :) The only thing you need to do now hon is allow PNG format files and you'll be my unoffical god XD Jpgs do screwy things with digetal art, and PNG is nice and sharp and peeeeertty :3 (but Jpg is admitedly stightly smaller and more compatible)
  6. Posted on Jan 5, 2006, 7:19:06 AM UTC
    ID: 6536 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    DA has an editor? I've never even seen it. Is it only available to paying members or is it something i just haven't seen yet?

About the PNGs; Yeah you know what. i may just be able to deliver that tonight. You'll have to wait for the GIF support though but I might be able to deliver the PNG format! I'll get to work on that now.

EDIT: wow that didn't take me long at all. your wish is my command. PNG's now can be uploaded.

Last edited by BogusRed on Jan 5, 2006, 8:09:06 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

7. Posted on Jan 5, 2006, 11:00:55 AM UTC
    ID: 6541 | #9
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    OMG- You are my god Susie!!! YEAH!!!

No, DA DOESN'T have an editor. You post it as simple HTML and scream as all of Word's pretty formatting dissapears to nothing.

Yuck.

GO PAPERDEMON!! *wootyness* *dances*

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.