PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1284 Members

Front Page redesigned

1. Posted on Mar 14, 2006, 12:37:46 AM UTC
    ID: 8246 | #2
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP
    I think random featured artwork, or perhaps the week's most favourited drawings could go there....  Either one would look good, I think.

Although having a tab with the most recent pieces for the crit wall seems almost essential - they're barely noticeable right now.

in any case - the new design looks great!  I agree that perhaps some snazzying up would tie it in better with the paper demon theme, though.  You know - the tendril-things you always put on title bars would look really good, methinks.

:D  Anyhow - that's my two cents.  Thanks Susie!
  2. Posted on Mar 14, 2006, 1:05:09 AM UTC
    ID: 8247 | #3
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Yeah I went ahead and put the crit wall up. That section doesn't get nearly enough attention as it should like you said.

I've also applied these front page changes to the Red Curtain. I know the RC has been needing a front page face lift for a while. Now it's looking good.
  3. Posted on Mar 14, 2006, 2:39:24 AM UTC
    ID: 8250 | #4
    fablespinner
    Level 36 BETA
    XP
    Pretty but the scrolls NEVER bothered me
    I actually prefered the other way, I could see it all at once glance before, expecially the forum topics, now I HAVE to scroll to see them, I never had to use the scrolls before because I tended to montior the front page most.

Last edited by fablespinner on Mar 14, 2006, 2:40:24 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

4. Posted on Mar 14, 2006, 3:05:45 AM UTC
    ID: 8251 | #5
    Qcvar
    Level 6 LOCKED
    XP
    Besides the point that fablespinner brought up, I like this design a lot better.  It's cleaner and gets rid of internal scroll bars.
  5. Posted on Mar 14, 2006, 11:36:28 AM UTC
    ID: 8258 | #7
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    I quite liked the vertical format- on what Fablespinner said, I monitor the main page atleast once a day if I can, and I usually only need to look at the first few to see if there is anything new for me to look at.

On a side note, my addiction to forums is sadened by the amount of forums you can see on the page being only five. This means that the slightly less active posts don't get much of a chance in the lime light. I'd like to see more of the active posts. Maybe 10? Donno. My 2 cents. :)

Oh- one more thing- I just went and replied to 2 other forum messeges besides this one and flooded out most of the other posts. Err- I don't want to do that ^^; It's meeeeean. 10 is definetly a good number. I thinkit was that before but with the scroll bar. I'm sure you could do the same without the bar though :)

*has faith in the programmer of god like grace and efficency*

Last edited by ArkillianDragon on Mar 14, 2006, 12:00:05 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

6. Posted on Mar 14, 2006, 7:39:55 PM UTC
    ID: 8271 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Yeah I agree that only showing 5 is too small a number. I liked it better at 10. I think I'll add a scroll just to that one section then.

You know another thing I could do is show the latest forum topics in the members area main page without a scroll.
  7. Posted on Mar 14, 2006, 11:40:03 PM UTC
    ID: 8277 | #10
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    If I put it on the members main page I wont need a scroll bar. The scroll bar was for the front page.

I'll go ahead and add the latest 15 topics in the members area when i get the chance.

I'll also take out the full news posts and make them links to the news instead.

Last edited by BogusRed on Mar 14, 2006, 11:41:08 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.