PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1309 Members

Hello, various internet creatures!

1. Posted on Oct 6, 2016, 1:40:29 PM UTC
    ID: 28692 | #1
    Prince-Anpiel
    Level 1
    XP

Hello, comrades on the war against having to use Deviant Art! I just signed up this morning and would like to tell you a few things about myself.

• I am a writer.
    • I am an asshole, no wait, just said that one!
    • As opinionated and candid as I am, never think I am trying to be mean or I don't like you. I like most people. I still look out for those few I can't stand.
    • I mostly read non-fiction, holy texts, and philosophy. I think that it makes me a better and more unique writer. I think it helps to avoid tropes and cliches. 
    • I am a huge language geek!!! Not just English, though that is definitely my best language, I have studied bits of everything. Would love to see you write in or learn the grammar of your languages!
    • I am a martial artist! A pretty decent one too! I use Wushu! 
    • Despite that rhyme in the last item, I am no longer a poet. 
    • I love monsters, especially old ones! Djinn are bae. 
    • You cannot offend me, so speak frankly. I am a big boy. 
    • I published in high school, but it is not good. If you ask I will link you, but remember it was made free for a reason. 
    • I am the monster at the back of the bible.
    • I will gladly discuss any topic. 
    • If writing commissions are a real thing, I will so do that thing! It's the green it's the green it's the green I NEEEED!
    • I know where you sleep.
    • I love making bulleted lists. 
    • I need to stop hitting enter.

Hit me up!

2. Posted on Oct 6, 2016, 11:03:08 PM UTC
    ID: 28696 | #2
    Firiel
    Level 65
    XP

Good to meet you, your princeliness. ;) It's nice to see a primarily-writing-person join up - visual art's awesome but the other side of the site needs attention, too!

Name's Firiel. I'm a visual artist with a traditional media focus - well, actually an art student who occasionally lands a commission - and I dabble in poetry with varying success... and have a lot of ideas for stories, but a history of being terrible with the follow-through once I've started 'em. <.< (Gotta fix that.)

Do you have a favorite genre to write?

3. Posted on Oct 8, 2016, 12:25:41 AM UTC
    ID: 28698 | #3
    Prince-Anpiel
    Level 1
    XP

I am not sure how well my writing would get fit into a genre, but I like adventure, mystery, action, and humor. Right now I am working on scripts for an artist I know to illustrate into a comic, Very dark thus far. Common theme though, I looooove monsters! 

My follow through used to be pretty questionable too, but lately I am just a demon with pen and paper! Five ten pages a day for the last couple weeks. 

4. Posted on Oct 8, 2016, 7:19:09 PM UTC
    ID: 28699 | #4
    Firiel
    Level 65
    XP

Alright. Working with comic scripts sounds like quite a task - and five to ten pages of work a day is awesome. :)

I might be on the other end of the writer/artist equation before too long - a friend is working on a science-for-kids book about some fish she's been studying, and wants me to illustrate.

5. Posted on Oct 14, 2016, 3:53:43 AM UTC
    ID: 28706 | #6
    MaskedLin
    Level 66
    XP

Hello! I'm mostly a digital and traditional artist, largely in the genres of fiction and dragons, but I do write occasionally. I joined Paperdemon for a very similar reason, so I wouldn't have to rely on DA, which is going down the drain, though I don't intend to leave there quite. 

6. Posted on Oct 15, 2016, 5:09:55 AM UTC
    ID: 28707 | #7
    Firiel
    Level 65
    XP

...I think and hope DA's going to stay in the game a while longer yet, but I do see the value of alternative communities, both to keep from being too dependent on one place and because sometimes smaller or middle-sized websites can be friendlier, better-moderated, and less commercial than big monsters.

If you have time for more than one smaller site, have either of y'all looked into FAC/Fanart-central.net? It's not always super active and the art's wildly varying qualities but it's another good place I feel like deserves a look - although come to think of it the writing area is more dead than the visual art there. I've been on it since 2012, have a school friend who was on since 2006.

7. Posted on Oct 17, 2016, 4:57:12 AM UTC
    ID: 28714 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Welcome Prince Anpiel and MaskedDragonNamedLin. Glad to have some new members around here.

Prince Anpiel your intro was epic. I like your writing style.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.