PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1302 Members

Original Art?

1. Posted on Apr 7, 2009, 11:36:47 PM UTC
    ID: 24169 | #1
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Please excuse me.  I wasn't sure if I should post this under Help or Suggestion forum.

Question!!

I was browsing the Art Gallery and I selected Original Art.

As I looked through the submissions I noted some submissions are obviously Fan Art submissions, but came up under my search for 'original' work. 

Simple mistake by the submitting artist or error in the search?  I don't know for sure.

Suggestion!!

Any chance the Writing section will be getting a more detailed search feature?  Because when I select Original Fiction I get song lyrics, one shots and poems.   However, what I'm really searching for is 'Original Fiction, Fantasy, Series'.

Any info will me much appreciated. Thanks. :yes:

2. Posted on Apr 8, 2009, 1:57:04 AM UTC
    ID: 24170 | #2
    dr4win9f00l
    Level 6
    XP

I haven't seen any non-original art in the original gallery- I've found, though, when you click on a different category, it doesn't stay within original art.

3. Posted on Apr 8, 2009, 11:53:29 PM UTC
    ID: 24174 | #3
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP

Hi Silverbane!

The classification is generally right (that's part of what we look for when modding), though sometimes things are left in the wrong categories for a while if we're backlogged.  I think the search tool might be a little iffy, though, due my own experiences with it...  (sometimes I look up an artist on the site that I KNOW exists, and won't find the artist's page until rather far down the results page...)

dr4win9f00l:  You can't choose original art AND a derivative, because by definition - if there is a derivative, the artwork isn't totally original.  It was a way to help us keep people from making that exact same mistake.  ;)

As for the suggestion - I can't help.  That would definitely be Susie's territory.  :yes:

I think our writing section does need a makeover, though.  Some tweaks would be helpful.  Again, though, poor Susie's all alone in doing the tweaks and changes to the site, so they're slow at times...

Thanks for the wonderful tips/suggestions!

Last edited by Minimaid on Apr 8, 2009, 11:54:10 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

4. Posted on Apr 9, 2009, 11:55:17 PM UTC
    ID: 24180 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Hi Sliverbane. When you click on Original in the writing area, you should only be getting Original Fiction (not poetry or song lyrics or fanfiction or tutorials) I'm not sure what you're clicking on that is giving you everything jumbled together.

5. Posted on Apr 11, 2009, 5:33:20 PM UTC
    ID: 24191 | #6
    Sliverbane
    Level 40
    XP

Hmm... 

I'm using Firefox, by the way. 

I navigate to the Art Gallery

I select Derivative and click on Orginal Art.

And my screen looks like this:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Sliverbane/Picture3-1.jpg

I clicked on the submission I pointed to in the image and the artist has submitted it to the correct galleries but is still shows up on this page after I selected Original Art.

I swear I click ONLY on the 'Orginal Art' option.

Also!  When I click on '...More' and then Select 'Original Art' it goes back to the screen I posted above.

If I'm missing something - let me know.  I feel like I'm going crazy... :dizzy:

In the case of the writing section - I slected Original Fiction and I no longer see poerty and song lyrics.  Perhaps I clicked on the wrong selection before. :redface: 

Last edited by Sliverbane on Apr 11, 2009, 5:36:20 PM UTC. 2 total edits.

6. Posted on Apr 12, 2009, 12:18:06 AM UTC
    ID: 24194 | #7
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP

Hmmm...  I see what you mean, Silverbane.

I just tried exactly what you said, and clicking on the original art browsing button doesn't seem to change anything at all...  All art shown is the same.  I will play with this some more and send anything else I find to BR, ok?

7. Posted on Apr 12, 2009, 1:31:24 AM UTC
    ID: 24196 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

Yes this is a bug! Thank you for notifying me of it. I have just fixed it.

Basically it was pointing to an incorrect url, thereby just redirecting you to the art home page. Please let me know if you find any other problems like this.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.