PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Galleries Revamped!

1. Posted on Aug 30, 2006, 4:43:27 AM UTC
    ID: 12181 | #2
    emmet849
    Level 23
    XP
    Sounds wonderful!  I'm really excited about the writing section.  Thank you so much to BR and the Jr. Mods, you guys really make this site great!
  2. Posted on Aug 30, 2006, 9:16:19 PM UTC
    ID: 12199 | #4
    XxChiChixX
    Level 16
    XP

I really like what you've done! You've all done a fantastic job! The site is just getting better and better. ;)

o_o Just wondering, thoughs. Where did the Critique Wall on the front page go?  And when is the Journal going to work? -:: Prods the Journal button. ::- I wanna use that! XD

I can't wait to see the new stuff you guys come up with! Please, keep it coming! You're great at what you do! :D

:heart: :heart: :heart:

Last edited by XxChiChixX on Aug 30, 2006, 9:18:37 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

3. Posted on Aug 30, 2006, 10:10:39 PM UTC
    ID: 12200 | #5
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    On Aug 30, 2006 2:16 pm, XxChiChixX said:
    [quote]

I really like what you've done! You've all done a fantastic job! The site is just getting better and better. ;)

o_o Just wondering, thoughs. Where did the Critique Wall on the front page go?  And when is the Journal going to work? -:: Prods the Journal button. ::- I wanna use that! XD

I can't wait to see the new stuff you guys come up with! Please, keep it coming! You're great at what you do! :D

:heart: :heart: :heart:

[/quote]
    You can still visit the Crit wall by going into the Art gallery and clicking on the link on the left that says "the Crit Wall." It's been removed from the front page to make room for other things.

The Journal is half way finished. but it will only be offered to premium members. Work on the premium features has been put on hold for a while until I can get the comics section and other stuff finished.
  4. Posted on Aug 31, 2006, 12:35:40 AM UTC
    ID: 12203 | #6
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP
    hmmm...... Good job, new mods. Congrats! Especially the beta testers. It's nice knowing susie has plenty of help around the site. Things will get done that much quiker. :)
  5. Posted on Sep 3, 2006, 6:11:27 AM UTC
    ID: 12269 | #7
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    The members area art gallery interface has been revamped again. A lot of people don't know what the different Genres are that we have so I made it so that the genres will display a description as well as the fanart galleries.

Writing section is still down. Sorry for the wait. Things are crazy over here.
  6. Posted on Sep 4, 2006, 8:00:14 AM UTC
    ID: 12311 | #8
    KnifeSmile
    Level 1
    XP
    Would you please add a description explaining what abstract art is -- and, more importantly, what it is not -- to the relevant gallery? I just uploaded several abstract pieces and, in a mood to see other people's purest creative expressions, I poked my muzzle into the gallery. Except literally about 75% of what's posted in the Abstract gallery has, at best, some abstract elements in the background. The majority doesn't have any abstract content at all, and, frankly, I don't think a drawing of someone's character with some weird shapes in the background should qualify as an 'abstract piece'. I don't mean to be down on the artists in question or anything, but it took all of three minutes to really, seriously get on my nerves. I could assemble perhaps three pages, at most, of genuine abstract art from the whole seven(?)-page Abstract section.

And a good page or so of that would consist of my own work.

So it would make me, at least, very happy if something could be done to fix that problem.

Also, on a somewhat related sidenote, I feel a little weird putting my fractal art into Abstract... technically it is 'abstract', but it's also representational, and doesn't really come from the same source or motivations as most other forms of abstract art do. Plus, fractal art is by nature inherently digital and most of it has more in common with other fractal art than it does with more traditional abstract art. Hence I think it would be appropriate to create a separate Fractal section strictly for the general body of fractal artwork (I do fractal flames, but there are several other forms of fractal art; all of them would be appropriate in such a section.) If someone had the patience, skill, and free time required to try to render a fractal pattern in real media, due to the impossible level of precision required the resulting piece would really be a picture *of* a fractal and not a true fractal (unless they happened to be Jackson Pollock -- and I mean the artist himself, not someone imitating his work; that's how you can tell a real Pollock from an imitation) and would belong in Abstract. But actual graphically-rendered infinitely-repeating patterned mathematic equations, AKA fractal art, belongs in its own category.

Okay, that's my pedantic and pretentious post for the day. Sorry. :p I do stand behind all of the above... I just can't think of a less-obnoxious way to put it. Sorry again. :p
  7. Posted on Sep 6, 2006, 2:00:38 PM UTC
    ID: 12421 | #9
    Dyami
    Level 6
    XP
    um, just wondering, how much longer will it take for writing to come back up? I  was kind of suprised when it took more than a day, i thought rearranging the art galleries would take longer than the writing galleries.
  8. Posted on Sep 6, 2006, 4:27:27 PM UTC
    ID: 12428 | #10
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Sorry about that. It's because school started and i have homework. >.< But I'm trying my best to get it done as soon as possible.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.