PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1283 Members

Profile page revamped

1. Posted on Jun 16, 2005, 6:51:31 PM UTC
    ID: 803 | #4
    MissezNoll
    Level 129
    XP
    Hey, great job, BogusRed! It does look amazing! It does look so much better and I think it does look way more organized. You do such a great job for us at this site. Thank you for all of your hard work. On behalf of all of us, we do appreciate it. :thumbsup:
  2. Posted on Jun 16, 2005, 7:33:50 PM UTC
    ID: 810 | #6
    EvilBunnySlippers
    Level 37 BETA
    XP
    Wow! It looks really awesome Bogusred! I love it! I actually think the featured artwork looks great the way it is with 7 pieces and the smaller thumbnails, with the larger latest art on the right....it looks perfect to me. :)
  3. Posted on Jun 16, 2005, 8:49:46 PM UTC
    ID: 812 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Yeah 3 sounds good. I don't like the small thumbnails for the featured stuff because they are the featured artwork so they need to be displayed proudly. They lose visual weight next to the latest artwork. Three sounds like a good number, Minimaid. Does anyone else have some input on this?

EDIT: I don't know, upon further thought, maybe the smaller thumbs are better because you get to select more featured artwork. If that's the case I should change the limit to either 4 or 8 on featured artwork.

Please let me know what you think.

Last edited by BogusRed on Jun 16, 2005, 8:53:36 PM UTC. 2 total edits.

4. Posted on Jun 16, 2005, 9:32:55 PM UTC
    ID: 815 | #9
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP
    I still think fewer showcased artworks and bigger thumbnails at three is the best way to go. Not only because the ones chosen are better highlighted, but also for site continuity. I personally like to choose just a very select few (although sometimes it's hard to choose, from your own art) for the featured art portion. We can change what we put on feature anytime we want to, too, so if we have more than the number given us that we would like to display, we can continually cycle them on our own. This also adds a little bit of difference to our profile pages, in my opinion. Also - a lot of artwork looks better in the larger thumbnails, because you can see a bit more detail.
  5. Posted on Jun 22, 2005, 8:24:30 AM UTC
    ID: 1130 | #10
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Ok I've been thinking about this. Maybe we should have 3 Paper Demon featured artworks and 3 Red Curtain featured artworks for a total of 6. Now I just need to figure out how to place those three artworks on the page. There is only enough room for 2 horizontally unless I put them at the very top. Maybe I'll put them on the right side virtically underneath the advertisement. Or maybe move the advertisement above the latest work. Which would you guys rather have seen first by your profile visitors? Your featured stuff or your latest stuff?

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.