Open group | 1293 Members

New writing section added

1. Posted on Jan 14, 2006, 3:40:25 AM UTC
    ID: 6729 | #2
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP

I'll give explaining it a shot! :)

Well, these sections are basically the places where you'll go to post those writings and blurbs that may not completely add up to a story, and will also serve as areas to post writing exercises, free writes, and those tantalizing bits of writing that just seem to fall from your brain.

I know for myself, and most likely for others, I come to places in a story where I'm just stuck. It feels like I can't move forward, and it doesn't seem quite right to erase or back track on anything I've done. So, I go into focused free write mode and elaborate to the point that I've got something to work with. This is where these kinds of things belong! :grin:  

2. Posted on Jan 14, 2006, 5:04:48 AM UTC
    ID: 6730 | #3
    emmet849
    Level 23
    XP

Oh!  I love this idea, I have the same problem.  It sounds like a great place to give a trial run to things when you're not sure if it belongs in the story, but would like to give it a shot.  Wonderful idea!

I could have really used this about a week ago with my story.  I couldn't decide which direction to go with it...I ended up choosing after a lot of wonderful advice from a couple of people, but I'd still like to go another direction and see where it might lead.  This will be an awsome place to do that

Last edited by emmet849 on Jan 14, 2006, 8:11:36 AM UTC. 1 total edits.

3. Posted on Jan 14, 2006, 5:34:59 AM UTC
    ID: 6731 | #4
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP

:)

It was spawned from the fact that the aforementioned is bascially all I create anymore! I haven't created a full story in months, but I do like feedback on my little descriptive blurbs, and I know other people, like you said emmet, need a helping hand when it comes to direction...I know I do more than half the time!

4. Posted on Jan 15, 2006, 2:43:45 PM UTC
    ID: 6757 | #7
    Humority
    Level 71
    XP
    I was wondering for a long time why the writing section doesn't have a sketchbook thingy like art.
    Just like you Karana and Emmet I have the same problem, I often come up with verses that don't seem to fit anywhere, like my first quote. I feel such things just go to waste. It'd be nice to get some ideas/suggestions.  Great idea Heidi!:D
    ---
    "I may not live in a perfect world but I can create one on paper."
  5. Posted on Jan 15, 2006, 7:34:46 PM UTC
    ID: 6760 | #8
    karanakaou
    Level 70
    XP

On Jan 14, 2006 12:05 am, arkillian said:
    [quote]Sooo... when I do an excerpt idea sort of thing for my novel, I'd post it here cause its a complete section, but not the full story?
    [/quote]

I think I get what you're saying arkillian; you mean this 'complete section' of yours would be like an idea of yours for a portion of your novel? Then yes, that's where it would go. :)

Thanks Atlantis!

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.