This Portal is Unstable.
Open from April 1-April 10, 2021
The deadline has passed, but you can still participate
We at the Adventurer’s Guild make it our mission to map the portals for the best experience for our adventurers. But we can’t quite figure out what is going on with this one. Give us a hand and jump through! Let us know what you find! Ta-ta!
Oh no, what’s this?
Well, not every portal can be a winner.
New to our Art RPG? Check out our beginner’s guide to get started!
Now it’s your turn!
For participating in this challenge
- You earn 80 XP
- You earn a Random Drop
- Your character earns Wait. Uh...Whoops badge
- Your character earns 7 Ability Points (AP)
For this odd Art RPG Portal Challenge, you will be taking your very own original character on an adventure to a new world. You will be using the character you registered in our Character Creation Challenge. If you haven’t registered a character yet, follow that link to do so!
Pick one of the prompts below and draw or write your registered character in this new world!
- If you are submitting art, it should be a sketched piece that shows at least half of your character’s body and a background that matches the prompt you have chosen. Shading and color is optional.
- If you are submitting writing, your registered character should be the focus of the piece. The piece should be at least 600 words and it must match the content of the prompt you have chosen.
- Submit your entry to PaperDemon.com and copy paste the prompt you selected into the submission description. Tag PDARPGWaitWhoops and your character ID (e.g. PD123) then visit the members area to collect your 80 XP (art submissions only).
- To receive an AP and Random Drop for completing this challenge, submit your work by clicking the [Add to ARPG Queue] button on the artwork’s page. Choose PaperDemon ARPG > Portals. An admin from our team will process your request, grant your character 7 AP, and deposit your Random Drop into your inventory. You’ll receive a private message when the process is complete.
Prompt #1 - Well, Glad it Wasn’t Occupied
It's dark and cramped in here. Eww… what is that smell? You can hear loud music outside, and lights flash through the vents at the top of the… Is this a port-a-potty? Draw or write your character portaling into a portable toilet.
Prompt #2 - Is This a Moldy Hamburger?
You snap out of the portal and in an instant, you’re falling. You don’t fall far, and your plummet is halted by a soft bed of-- oh. Oh ew, that’s slimy. Is that… is that moving? Draw or write your character portaling into a dumpster.
Prompt #3 - Anyone’s Welcome Here at 2AM, Just as Long as You Don’t Make a Scene
The portal snaps shut behind you, leaving you standing awkwardly close to an exhausted looking group of people at a table. There’s greasy food scattered across the plates in front of them, and the server going by on the other side of the table doesn’t even spare you a glance. Draw or write your character portaling into a seedy diner in the middle of the night.
Prompt #4 - Honestly Boss, We’ve Sent Like 28 People Through This Portal and We Still Don’t Know Where it Goes
Draw or write your character portaling into an ...oops? place of your own creation.
Have questions? Click [Post a Reply] below or ask in our Discord server in the #arpg-discuss or #halp channels.
- 9/11/2021 - Replaced Gold reward with a Random Drop.