PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1285 Members

Paperdemon IRC Chat Channel

1. Posted on Sep 6, 2006, 5:02:33 AM UTC
    ID: 12417 | #2
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Hooray! Exdeath finally makes a news post!

Yeah anyone who needs help connecting to the IRC channel with Trillian, let me know. I know a little bit about it. The channel works great. We just need more people to start using it so that it makes it worth while.

IRC isn't like AIM or any of those other services. You don't need to create an account. You just sign in with whatever name you want. I suggest you all sign in with your PD alias/username though so that we know who each of us is.
  2. Posted on Sep 7, 2006, 4:21:23 PM UTC
    ID: 12461 | #7
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    On Sep 7, 2006 5:17 am, karana kaou said:
    I've got Trillian, and I clicked on the freednode link and it didn't work...Help? :question:

Just simply clicking the link will not launch Trillian's IRC thing. you have to configure it...

Go to Trillian > Connections > Manage my connections
    At the bottom of the dialogue box there's a button to + Add a new connection. Click it and choose IRC.

Set up the settings like this:
    Freenode
    irc.freenode.net:6666
    yourusername
    yourusername
    a description of you
    check the checkbox to automatically connect to this at start up. Then click on Connect and close the dialogue box. now you should be connected to the irc server. to join the paperdemon chatroom, click on the blue circle in the Trillian list and choose Join a Channel. Type paperdemon and click OK. That will open up a new window for the chat.

3. Posted on Sep 7, 2006, 10:57:19 PM UTC
    ID: 12467 | #9
    Exdeath
    Level 2 ADMIN
    XP
    On Sep 7, 2006 5:17 am, karana kaou said:
    I've got Trillian, and I clicked on the freednode link and it didn't work...Help? :question:

Sorry about the confusion. The freenode link will only work if you have mIRC installed (the mIRC installation program makes your web browser recognize the irc:// prefix and automaticall launch mIRC). Trillian has to be configured manually.

I still use the old version of Trillian so I cannot provide step by step instructions for setting up Trillian 3 for IRC.

You may, however, reference Bogusred's above post for some quick instructions.

I know of some other websites that have built-in java IRC chatrooms, but we aren't that sophisticated yet unfortunately. I will try to answer any IRC questions here.

Last edited by Exdeath on Sep 7, 2006, 10:58:50 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

4. Posted on Sep 8, 2006, 12:21:52 AM UTC
    ID: 12468 | #10
    Greed
    Level 29 BANNED
    XP

On Sep 7, 2006 3:57 pm, Exdeath said:
    [quote]On Sep 7, 2006 5:17 am, karana kaou said:

Sorry about the confusion. The freenode link will only work if you have mIRC installed (the mIRC installation program makes your web browser recognize the irc:// prefix and automaticall launch mIRC). Trillian has to be configured manually.

I still use the old version of Trillian so I cannot provide step by step instructions for setting up Trillian 3 for IRC.

You may, however, reference Bogusred's above post for some quick instructions.

I know of some other websites that have built-in java IRC chatrooms, but we aren't that sophisticated yet unfortunately. I will try to answer any IRC questions here.[/quote]

yeah, dude. those java applets are pretty nifty... paperdemon + Jave applet = a level of awesome beyond that of chuck norris

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.