PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1283 Members

Attn! Private Message limit now enforced!

1. Posted on Dec 23, 2005, 3:00:56 PM UTC
    ID: 6279 | #2
    themusicdied
    Level 61
    XP

My family doesn't do Christmas. It's a church thing. No kind of hollidays at all. So, I'll be here all the time; as usual. ^_^

On average, I get no PMs and only a handfull of comments. :lol: You've got me WAY beat, Susie!

2. Posted on Dec 23, 2005, 6:49:00 PM UTC
    ID: 6280 | #3
    MoonDemon
    Level 41
    XP

*Sigh* To spend time with my family on the holiday I have to be on the puter :cries: This will be the last season for it though I'm going home in Feb or Mar *HAPPY DANCE*

I honestly think if regular members need that many PM's saved they should copy them and put them on their hard drive instead of using so much of your server space. That's what I've done with the PM's and Reveiws I've wanted to keep. But that'll probly change here as soon as I can get a paid account here :grin:

3. Posted on Dec 23, 2005, 9:20:23 PM UTC
    ID: 6281 | #4
    Jilly
    Level 115
    XP
    My family doesn't get together until Christmas eve cause that's when we open presents but until then it's just like any other day...we don't even have our tree up yet :lol: so the only thing to do really is to go on the computer.
  4. Posted on Dec 24, 2005, 1:54:48 AM UTC
    ID: 6282 | #5
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    Well, for most people, if they have more than 50, then they are lazy and don't clear thier box ;p I knopw I've only had as many as 8 at once. I can't see 50 being filled too quick unless you like... forget you have an account or something ^^;
  5. Posted on Dec 24, 2005, 3:09:45 AM UTC
    ID: 6285 | #6
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP

*Sigh* To spend time with my family on the holiday I have to be on the puter :cries: This will be the last season for it though I'm going home in Feb or Mar *HAPPY DANCE*

I hope you'll get to be with your family next year too. Do you use Googletalk to communicate with them over the net? or do you use that program you were telling me about? I hope you at least get to hear their voices

I honestly think if regular members need that many PM's saved they should copy them and put them on their hard drive instead of using so much of your server space. That's what I've done with the PM's and Reveiws I've wanted to keep. But that'll probly change here as soon as I can get a paid account here :grin:

Yeah members can easily just copypaste the messages and save them in a Word document or they can email them to themselves. I almost created a feature that would actually email your private messages to you but I decided not to do it because then my server might get blacklisted as a spam server. Oh well.

Yeah we have over 500 members here and only 5 are over the limit. That's pretty good I think.

By the way, I'm glad you are interested in getting a subscription MoonDemon :D! Yay!

Well, for most people, if they have more than 50, then they are lazy and don't clear thier box ;p I knopw I've only had as many as 8 at once. I can't see 50 being filled too quick unless you like... forget you have an account or something ^^;

I wouldn't label those members as lazy. I'd say they probably didn't delete messages because they didn't have a need to. There was no inbox limit stopping them from filling their inboxes. So it just sort of got a little out of hand. I'm glad I'm taking care of this now instead of later. But it's funny that you mention the forgetting having an account thing. perhaps that is why it's good to have the limit. to keep people from just keep sending messages and stuff.

My family doesn't get together until Christmas eve cause that's when we open presents but until then it's just like any other day...we don't even have our tree up yet :lol: so the only thing to do really is to go on the computer.

Ahhh! no tree up yet? Go right now and instead of hanging around PD, put that tree up!

[quote]My family doesn't do Christmas. It's a church thing. No kind of hollidays at all. So, I'll be here all the time; as usual. ^_^

On average, I get no PMs and only a handfull of comments. :lol: You've got me WAY beat, Susie!

[/quote]
    Awww! What?! No holidays at all?! Well, at least kick your feet back and watch some good movie or something themusicdied.
  6. Posted on Dec 24, 2005, 3:54:08 AM UTC
    ID: 6286 | #7
    MoonDemon
    Level 41
    XP

Of course I'm interested in the good account... it will make it easier to show my advisors my ref pics and I can post snow on a palm tree in the pic folder :grin:

I did use yahoo messenger and the program I told you about but my kids got a hold of my mic last week so now I need a new one :cries: We all have webcams too so we can see each other (not always a good thing :lol: )

7. Posted on Dec 25, 2005, 5:38:15 AM UTC
    ID: 6305 | #8
    Level 1
    XP

That's be Merry Christmas for me. As far as I'm concerned, Christmas in about Christ, though some may disagree. Anyhoo, you ROCK, BogusRed!!!

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.