PaperDemon Art RPG

Open group | 1282 Members

Visual Critique! The Most Awesomist New Feature in months at PD!

1. Posted on May 17, 2006, 1:32:16 AM UTC
    ID: 9409 | #2
    ArkillianDragon
    Level 275 BETA ADMIN
    XP
    Ahhhh- this make alot more sence then!! It also means that personal gallery space isn't used, and links work first time every time!! Awesome idea!! ^^
  2. Posted on May 17, 2006, 1:35:59 AM UTC
    ID: 9410 | #3
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Yeah I knew you'd love this new feature. It's rediculously useful. i had planned to make this feature way back in March but ran out of time. oh well, it's finally here.
  3. Posted on May 17, 2006, 2:52:15 AM UTC
    ID: 9413 | #5
    Minimaid
    Level 174 BETA MOD
    XP
    Wow, susie!  That sounds SO awesome!  I'll be using it as soon as I can get my life back on track.  Maybe earlier, even.  ;)

Much love!
  4. Posted on May 17, 2006, 4:26:58 AM UTC
    ID: 9416 | #7
    fablespinner
    Level 36 BETA
    XP
    We've been doing that for years in my other forums.

We called/call it the "Red Pen of Doom"

It started on our Mailing list "bishart" (that no longer exists because Yahoo!groups got way too full of spam.) probably in 2000 (ish)

Then we moved it to LiveJournal for a few years...

and just this weekend I put up it's own domain and forum...
    YaoiArtists.com

Freaky coincidence you're doing this too and it's really good idea no matter how you slice it.

You can never have too much GOOD CONSTRUCTIVE visual crit
    it's truly worth a thousand words.

^_^
  5. Posted on May 17, 2006, 3:15:56 PM UTC
    ID: 9424 | #8
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    Yeah I knew this was something that people were doing on other sites but there is only one site that I've seen that lets you upload the artwork right with your comment (acmeanimation.org), which is where I got the idea from. I also got the idea from you D. I remember you mentioning the Red Pen thing before.

Ark and I have been doing this sort of thing actually but we've been uploading the images either to our image folio or to our own gallery.

Last edited by BogusRed on May 17, 2006, 3:16:37 PM UTC. 1 total edits.

6. Posted on May 18, 2006, 2:04:54 AM UTC
    ID: 9428 | #9
    fablespinner
    Level 36 BETA
    XP
    On May 17, 2006 8:15 am, BogusRed said:
    [quote]Yeah I knew this was something that people were doing on other sites but there is only one site that I've seen that lets you upload the artwork right with your comment (acmeanimation.org), which is where I got the idea from. I also got the idea from you D. I remember you mentioning the Red Pen thing before.

Ark and I have been doing this sort of thing actually but we've been uploading the images either to our image folio or to our own gallery.
    [/quote]

In practice, red penning helped me improve by leaps and BOUNDS...
    I tell everyone to try it, It's a real good thing you're adopting it here too... it's a fabulous educational tool!

^_^     
  7. Posted on May 18, 2006, 4:28:03 PM UTC
    ID: 9432 | #10
    BogusRed
    Level 281 ADMIN
    XP
    I hope people actually use it though. I will add a little blurb on the crit page (the little pop up) saying that red pen crits are encouraged if it's a Roast. Then I can have it link to a page explaining what it is.

Quick Reply

🔒 This topic is locked and is not accepting replies.